Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Offroad Fabrication

Offroad Fabrication Offroad Fabrication

Offroad Fabrication Offroad Fabrication

Old 02-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Faster Masticator

Bengels Weldable Accessorie Clamps

Kind of a shamless plug here! I build off road vehicles of all types. With that said I always get the customer who wants a roof rack, or light bar built right after I get the thing back from powdercoating. I had to come up with something, so here it is. Its a clamp with A saddle that allows for a perfect weld in fit. Weld saddle accepts tubing from 1.25" to 2.25" and a flat surface for flat bar stock, square, or rectangular tube. The patent pending process is complete so these things are available for retail if any of you guys are interested. Check em out on our site@ www.bengelsoff-road.com And yes they are clearenced for powdercoat. Thanks Bob

Last edited by METAL TWISTER; 02-20-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Fabricator

cool design. How much for the 1 3/4 clamps? I want some.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 PM

Do you have them in 1 5/8" ?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Faster Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian from Xtreme View Post
Do you have them in 1 5/8" ?
At present we have 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 2, 2 1/4. We just introduced these things to the public and are still playing with the sizes that are most requested. If you can wait a bit, we can make them. Their just not sitting on the shelf right now. The part number is the clamp size first with the saddle size second. Example 125-150 would be 1 1/4clamp & 1 1/2saddle. or 175-000 1 3/4 clamp, with a flat saddle.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by METAL TWISTER View Post
At present we have 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 2, 2 1/4. We just introduced these things to the public and are still playing with the sizes that are most requested. If you can wait a bit, we can make them. Their just not sitting on the shelf right now. The part number is the clamp size first with the saddle size second. Example 125-150 would be 1 1/4clamp & 1 1/2saddle. or 175-000 1 3/4 clamp, with a flat saddle.
I use alot of 1 5/8" so when you get those let me know....I would like some for myself, and I would like to "pimp" them on the show for you.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Faster Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian from Xtreme View Post
I use alot of 1 5/8" so when you get those let me know....I would like some for myself, and I would like to "pimp" them on the show for you.
Its just a matter of a few key strokes on the solid works, and plug it into the waterjet machine, oh and finding the time to do it. LOL. Let me know how many you need At Bob@bengelsoff-road.com. thanks Bob
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Master Fabricator

I saw them at Competitive Metals the other day... wrote the url on the back of one of their cards. Nice design and great idea.

Kudos!!

Zancat
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
This space for rent.

Sweet idea!
Been doing similar for routing hoses for a long time!
Never thought about doing it for lights and such!
Bookmarked your site.
'S to ya!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Faster Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zancat View Post
I saw them at Competitive Metals the other day... wrote the url on the back of one of their cards. Nice design and great idea.

Kudos!!

Zancat
Thanks, Greg and the boys are great guys. I get all my materials from them.They donated all the metal to the SDORC give away car this year and dont seem to get much in return. Next time your in there give them a thank you for doing their part to keep our deserts and trails open. Cool Cats!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by METAL TWISTER View Post
Kind of a shamless plug here! I build off road vehicles of all types. With that said I always get the customer who wants a roof rack, or light bar built right after I get the thing back from powdercoating. I had to come up with something, so here it is. Its a clamp with A saddle that allows for a perfect weld in fit. Weld saddle accepts tubing from 1.25" to 2.25" and a flat surface for flat bar stock, square, or rectangular tube. The patent pending process is complete so these things are available for retail if any of you guys are interested. Check em out on our site@ www.bengelsoff-road.com And yes they are clearenced for powdercoat. Thanks Bob
I gotta hand it to you for the way you handled yourself on pirate. When you posted this over there and got the flip off icon because you didnt have the "YELLOW STAR" wow a freaking star that is yellow. That makes people seem important. I understand their star system and all, and if you were in there saying "I want to be a full on vender here and sell tons of stuff" Ok fine, but i have seen others in there say hey i made something cool, have a look and if ya like it buy a couple, just to see what happens. and get the same response. Anyway sorry for the rant. Pirate Just really erks me sometimes
Kudos to you, You seem like a stand up guy.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Faster Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy10000 View Post
I gotta hand it to you for the way you handled yourself on pirate. When you posted this over there and got the flip off icon because you didnt have the "YELLOW STAR" wow a freaking star that is yellow. That makes people seem important. I understand their star system and all, and if you were in there saying "I want to be a full on vender here and sell tons of stuff" Ok fine, but i have seen others in there say hey i made something cool, have a look and if ya like it buy a couple, just to see what happens. and get the same response. Anyway sorry for the rant. Pirate Just really erks me sometimes
Kudos to you, You seem like a stand up guy.
Thanks for the props. We are just a small family owned business tring to make a good name for all Motorsports. We support all the web sites we can and try to help as many people along the way as we can. If a yellow star is how they work, no problem, I will get one. I must admit though, these clamps were just released to sale this last week. I just dont know how else to test the water with a new product like this. Im sure I will step on someones crank once in a while, but never intentionally. Besides ive got the big guy watching my back. LOL Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Junior Fabricator

That clamp would work great for a fire ext. mount. Is your company planning on making fire ext. mounts with this clamp? If so I would like to buy one for my jeep.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Faster Masticator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider86 View Post
That clamp would work great for a fire ext. mount. Is your company planning on making fire ext. mounts with this clamp? If so I would like to buy one for my jeep.
Ok, who have you been talking to? We have a really sweet rear view mirror, fire ext. bkt., and a few other goodies that are to be released in the second phase of these things. In fact that is what they originally were designed for. They just turned out to be strong enough to handle alot more. LOL Email us tomorrow and we will hook you up. Thanks Bob