Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Master Fabricator

63 Falcon Sprint Pro Street Ideas...

I bought this car about 6 years ago and started to pro street it for my daughter. I have it caged, narrowed 9" with 4 link, frame is clipped in the rear with a Heidt's Mustang cross member in the front. I have 2 of everything for the car so I'm good to get busy on it .

I got overwhelmed with projects about 4 years ago and decided I needed it gone so I gave it away to a good friend thinking it would make a good father son project for his 16 year old son with the understanding that I got first chance at it if they ever got rid of it. Well I got the call the other day and he wanted to know if I wanted it back. I found it in the barn less the 289 and the front end all tore apart but it looks to all be there. Other than an inch of dust it hadn't been touched. I mentioned to my daughter that I was getting it back and I couldn't believe the excitement and anticipation she is showing in it. I didn't realize it but it really crushed her when I got rid of it the first time. This time I'm going to see it through for her.

Questions,

Thinking about a 289 and cam'ing a mild lope into it with a c4 for her. Or I was thinking about possibly looking into putting a Chevy throttle body on the 289 and see if I can make that work? I think I want to fill the thing up with Aluminum? A Tall center console with an aluminum cover from the back of the front seats to the back window. I think I want too turn it into a true 2 seater for her. Suggestions or advice? My daughter is now 22 and about to graduate from SDSU and I really want to make this happen for a very deserving hard working daughter. I think I might let her pick the color?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Master Fabricator

Would this be her main car, or just fun 2nd car? If she is going to put a lot of highway miles on it I might suggest an AOD/AODE type automatic just for better cruising rpm and economy. If it's just a short distance cruiser the c4 is solid. I don't know what other suggestions to give you as it seems like you already know what you're doing. Maybe just make sure the cooling system is up to snuff, as that was something my brother had issues with on hot summer days in his falcon.
Should be a cool project and I will of course want to see how it turns out
Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Master Fabricator

What does she want?

At first I was figuring you just told the wife it was for her.......
Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Master Fabricator

Her DD ride is a Grand Cherokee so this is a spare vehicle. And believe it or not she's telling me what she would like and im just nodding my head yes. She has been around the shop her whole life so I think she has good taste in vehicle mods. LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Master Fabricator

These were the very first model Ford Falcons sold here in Australia, and (I think) assembled here. They are very rare, but I know a guy who bought eight wrecks to make three white wedding cars, adding in air con and all mod cons. He had guys there hand making panels he either couldn't get or had to alter. Genuine coach builders.

Can't wait to see your progress... but tell me it ain't gonna be white?