Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > Introductions/Connections

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Fabricator

New Peep from PNW

Hello Peeps, Im a new guy here on this amazing bad ass site, My name is Sean and im a very laid back guy from Washington state!!!

As for projects we have Jeeps and i also try and build as much as possible..

My jeep is a 87 yj with cj7 front clip... 350/sm465/205 twin sticked set up 1 ton heep. It is running dana 60 front and hd 60 rear with 456 gears dually outers and 39.5 swampers on 8 bolt h1 wheels.. I streched the front around 4.5 inches and the rear 5" as for springs the rear are 53 inch chevy and the front springs are waggy springs. We love old school stuff so the winch i have is the bellvue 6000
Wifes jeep is the same kinda.. 88 yj 1 ton all yj still as far as the eng trans and case... mc 2100 carb and msd box. She has front Hp 60 from 91 ford.. The wide spring pad set up that was interesting building those mounts.. had to outboard her springs and it turned out really nice. she has a rear 60 as well from a 79 ford 2wd truck spinning 456 gears front and rear on 37 inch toyos and 17" racelines. She has the 8274 warn winch and loves it..

We picked our son up a nice 91 yj on cl with front dana 44 and a rear 12 bolt.. Havent dug into the axles yet but it was a nice find.. no motor trans or case yet..

So now its cage time.. ive done alot of fab work using the harbor freight pipe kinker... both bumpers and my fenders... I saved up and purchased a protools 105hd with a 1.75 tube die. I wanted to purchase the probender but didnt have enough cash.. so i turned the protools into a vertical bender instead .. Mainly because we dont have the room for a perm floor mounted setup so i went with a portable setup running the harbor freight air ram... so ill get some pics up here soon and start digging in!! im very excited to check out some builds and gain some knowledge with bending and notching. I have very decent welding skills with a mig and a stick.. I grew up in Idaho running a cable tool drilling water wells and welding well casing together lol Well im not really sure how to load pics in here so until then ill just browse and drool over everyone elses builds. ...

Im also looking at some notchers.... There are so many of them! not really sure what to buy when it comes to that... I have a cheap tig machine im gonna play with as well and will be asking for some help in that area... Always learning makes life worth living in my book!! take care and SMILE!!

Last edited by Fattcat69; 11-24-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Master Fabricator

Welcome to the OFN!

E

Old 11-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Fabricator

Thank you entropy!! This site is a fabricators bible!! lol kinda like pirate is an offroad bible i like to read from time to time but the peeps there are kinda angry all the time! Seems like a much happier place here!
Old 11-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Fabricator

Some pics of our heeps..

Our sons first jeep. My Heep Wifes clean little yj when we aquired it And now all dolled up for her... Next plan is to do some roll cages on both jeeps... something we should have done along time ago but i really didnt want to dig into with a HF pipe kinker...
Old 11-27-2014, 02:38 AM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Welcome to the site!

Don't limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:02 AM
Fabricator

Thanks

Thank you Bandit! I have read a few of your posts! Your a man of great knowledge! I have enjoyed and retained a few things so far reading through some great info on here!
Old 11-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Master Fabricator

Welcome, Fattcat!

Where in Washington are you?
I grew up in Wenatchee, WA.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Fabricator

Thanks 2xtreme!! Were in Vancouver.. or the dirty Couve as they say lol Hope everyone is having an excellent Thanksgiving!!
Old 12-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Master Fabricator

Welcome to the OFN
Old 12-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Designer & Builder

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonain. Although I live about as far due east from you and still be in WA as possible. Happy building and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Fabricator

Thanks

Thanks Capt Fab and R Des! well were all not so far away really.. Idaho and eastern Wa.. My father in law lives in cheeney Wa.. Its to damn cold over there!! However the grain fed Elk sure taste better