Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > UTV/Buggy Fabrication

UTV/Buggy Fabrication For all those doing your own fabrication on the Yamaha Rhino and other UTV's

UTV/Buggy Fabrication For all those doing your own fabrication on the Yamaha Rhino and other UTV's

Old 01-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Junior Fabricator

Honda cbr 900 1994 barracuda

He finished his buggy in 2014. Several times over. Then I had to variati vertical racks. Weight 470 kg not Much kick, I write through the translator.
My channel on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4jti...6O2pWIYDdNsoDQ

Old 01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Master Fabricator

Looks good!

E
Old 01-07-2015, 03:15 PM

one of these years i'll build me a street-legal one of these to commute in.

nice work.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Junior Fabricator

thank you. at the moment the engine was broken, it was oil starvation is not a single when coups. Yes old and he's already in 1994. I want to redo the rear part of the buggy, put from the vehicle engine.

I live in Russia and what would this motor be repaired, you need a lot of money from this and it was decided to put the motor from the car.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Hello. I like your buggy. It looks very good. At 2:20 in the video it looks like you did a front flip! Was that on purpose?

I would like to see photos or video of it driving with the tracks on it. Does it steer well with front tracks that are not driven (rear drive only)?
Old 01-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Junior Fabricator

Good evening TheBandit front flip I did not on purpose, I just went, wanted to jump across the road, turned so that the front wheels and the rear wheels bounced and I rolled over in the ditch. I was not wearing the seat belts. Of the frame is not dropped, held firm behind the wheel. Yet there was an accident, I turned sideways, rotulos wheel in turn. Then bent the top arc of the security. I hope you understand. what I write. use Google translator.
On tracks still did not go and did not install. My friends say to put on the front wheel skis.
Can also provide a link to our Russian forum, here we are doing our small cars.
Thank you sincerely Maxim.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Maxim - The translator is not perfect but it works ok. I hope you can understand what I type also. I hope you were not injured during the roll. Always wear your seat belt and a helmet!

The flip looked so smooth I thought it may have been planned.

Skis on the front seems more appropriate. I think it would be hard to steer with tracks that are not driven by the engine.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Junior Fabricator

After I buckle up and wear a helmet. On my buggy too high roll centre, she loves to stand sideways.
Yes I understand what you write.
When you change the rear part of the buggy, put the engine from the car, I'll try to do caterpillars for next winter.
I just was always a dream to put the buggy on caterpillars. I have a piranha buggy with car engine, wanted to put on it.
You have fun competitions, our country is large and very difficult to reach, where races. I wish I could hunt with someone. Well, since I ride alone in the Outback and shoot video.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Junior Fabricator

I can here download what I have done before, that would not make a lot of topics. don't know permitted so you or not. We have just one forum wrong.
My first buggy with engine ZAZ I did from metallome and that was with no experience.
Second buggy I was doing a bit of gained experience. Motor vehicle Tavria. Barracuda my third buggy.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Master Fabricator

Nice job on building the buggy.
Cool vid, but I almost puked at the end when you were spinning the camera around!
You do all the video by yourself?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Junior Fabricator

Yes shoot himself, sometimes who you ask, well it's not interesting, I love to skate, so ill buggy I'm the only one. Shoot cameras, gopro 3 silver 2 pieces But they have little flowers, you have to do correction in video editing.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Master Fabricator

Yeah, nice job on the editing! I hate little flowers too!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Junior Fabricator

thank you bullnerd.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:43 AM
Junior Fabricator

Hello everyone, I put the motor car , here is a . Not really - it enjoyed with the motor and the buggy it was decided to sell. On the money I want to build a garage and start that - something new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzr0maWugA
Old 07-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Junior Fabricator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47QEJ5ngGs
Old 10-05-2015, 01:46 AM
Fabricator

Nice barracuda. In the first video I noticed that when you turn, your outside tire is turning sharper than your inside tire. Mine does the same thing and I'm not sure if it is inherent to the design, but it causes a problem for me. I adjusted the steering as much as possible to correct the issue, but the result did leave me with negative camber.

I also noticed that your lower rear A-arms are installed upside down. Not sure if it makes a big difference or not though.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Junior Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift View Post
Nice barracuda. In the first video I noticed that when you turn, your outside tire is turning sharper than your inside tire. Mine does the same thing and I'm not sure if it is inherent to the design, but it causes a problem for me. I adjusted the steering as much as possible to correct the issue, but the result did leave me with negative camber.

I also noticed that your lower rear A-arms are installed upside down. Not sure if it makes a big difference or not though.
Hi , I almost did not understand from what you've written , you can even take a screenshot of the parts about that question ?
I also noticed that your lower rear A-arms are installed upside down. Not sure if it makes a big difference or not though??
Old 10-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Junior Fabricator

Hello . I continue construction buggy barracuda

Old 10-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift View Post

I believe the problem with the steering is from using spindles designed for front steer rack and pinion and using them for rear steer by switching them from left to right. A solution would be to cut the steering arms off the spindles and remount them. Where the outer tie rod end mounts, needs to be closer to the center of the car, then shorter tie rods.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Junior Fabricator

I did as it was in the plans. The steering rack on my car. Steering linkage do not know why this is done is not enough Ackerman