Go Back OFN Forums > Shop and Tool Talk > Benders and Bending

Benders and Bending Which bender is best? How do you use a bender? How do you calculate bends? Everything Bender related...

Benders and Bending Which bender is best? How do you use a bender? How do you calculate bends? Everything Bender related...

Old 10-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Master Fabricator

I posted this last week on my post about the upgrade for my model 32 but thought I should post it here to incase people following this didn't see it, there is a video on the other post in this section.

I integrated the auto stop last week but had a few issues every time you let go off the "out " button the controller would do all funny things, I had the following, the display reset, freeze, output stick on etc, Found out that 1 out of the 2 x 24v relays didn't have the reverse diode across the coil so a quick trip back to the local maplin store found me getting a 1n4148 diode to fit a cross the coil, I also fitted 2 3a rectifying diodes a cross the solenoid coils,

It worked! I put some tension on the tube and started to bend the tube, I decided to stop and start the bend several times and the display didn't stop, freeze or reset the Value!

I set a bend angle of 93 degrees and the bender stopped on 93.6 degrees(excellent I thought). The tube came out at 88.5 so I should have added a bit more for spring back. I bent a 2nd bend without reseting the zero position and I had a perfect set, I set the angle finder to zero on the 1st leg of the set and it read a fraction off zero on the 2nd leg of the set (dog leg)

Adam