Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Master Fabricator

My 1/2 race car

When the first 1/2 takes off, it just picks up and flys, when it comes down,, the cross beam is pretty close about 10 seconds away....
Next year maybe a turbo with 12 psi boost = 300 HP!!!
I don't understand the list of extensions and file size, I made this into a BMP at 640x480 and the list said too big??? took in to 400X300 still to big??? mad it into a JPG 240X180 and finally took it! Am I doing something wrong???

Photoshop 7.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bug2s.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1871  

Last edited by Mushroom; 03-09-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Master Fabricator

Cool, I gotta' see more of this!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Master Fabricator

More of ???

Which way?? Like a run next to it, trying to catch it,,, it is an ET Bracket ride. glass nose, 6 point cage, close ratio 3rd and 4th , 6" MT slicks,, does pretty good

Last edited by Mushroom; 03-09-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Master Fabricator

Glass nose, have two differant nose's "Plastic surgery"!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bug21.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1872  
Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I don't understand the list of extensions and file size, I made this into a BMP at 640x480 and the list said too big??? took in to 400X300 still to big??? mad it into a JPG 240X180 and finally took it! Am I doing something wrong???

Photoshop 7.0
Just use .JPG for posting on the web. BMP files are not compressed much and as a result have a big file size. A JPG image could have an image size of 640x480 and file size of 50 KB while a BMP could have the same image size and have a file size of 1 MB.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Master Fabricator

Understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR View Post
Just use .JPG for posting on the web. BMP files are not compressed much and as a result have a big file size. A JPG image could have an image size of 640x480 and file size of 50 KB while a BMP could have the same image size and have a file size of 1 MB.
I undersand that, but there is a chart on the site the lays it out and it said to upload a 640X480 file in BMP format and it would be X K,, I use Photoshop, or Uleads Photo Impact and reduce that picture to the 640x480 and it is way to big,,I am used to resizing for the web and making web pages snap on a screen for a dial up connect, and blowing pictures way UP with Genuine Fractals in STN format, and a Photoshop nut for too many years,, but this has me stumped. Now a big deal, just curious. My pictures are up.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Master Fabricator

Found a nice carb setup

Does anyone know anything about Mikuni carbs?? I am told the numbers are
30-32DIDTA-175, They are both 44mm side draft and sit on a B&M manifold.. I am looking for rebuild kits... anyone have thoughts??

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	action.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2349  
Old 06-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I undersand that, but there is a chart on the site the lays it out and it said to upload a 640X480 file in BMP format and it would be X K,, I use Photoshop, or Uleads Photo Impact and reduce that picture to the 640x480 and it is way to big,,I am used to resizing for the web and making web pages snap on a screen for a dial up connect, and blowing pictures way UP with Genuine Fractals in STN format, and a Photoshop nut for too many years,, but this has me stumped. Now a big deal, just curious. My pictures are up.

Thanks
Just get into the habbit of never using bmp files for uploading images to the internet. File sizes are huge compaired to jpg files and as you found out on here, you run into problems pretty quick. btw, cool little ride you got there. I ran against a turbo bug earlier in the year, stayed just about side by side till I'm guessing his intake pipe blew off or he had other problems.

Last edited by BDR; 06-21-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Master Fabricator

Interesting,,,,???

Notice the date of my post on the Mikuni carbs, and your reply about BMP pictures,,, the positioning,, I wonder how I got my post before yours?? No matter, thanks for the BMP info,, I don't use that format much, STN and JPG for the pic's and GIF for the moving ones,, fun to create!!

I sure don't want to lose an intake pipe for sure, but the Mikunis will be pull through turbo,,
Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Master Fabricator

Wow, didn't even notice this was an older thread haha, I replyed back in March about the pictures too and didn't even notice. Need to add a Doh! smilie here
Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Master Fabricator

Old age

In my case it is getting to be OLD AGE!!! You have to speak for yourself... but no matter the reason,, remember these words,,,,, BETTER LATE,,, THAN NEVER.....

On the photo post's,, It really had me confused as to what they wanted,,, (not that it mattered) as I can shrink a picture to nothing, or blow it up without loosing the resolution,, I use Photoshop,,, now do it just for fun.. Anyway, I am in the need for rebuild kits.. look in the tool box and see if ya got any for the carbs!!

Be safe
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Master Fabricator

Ran a search on the number and it came up with a Holley cross reference chart (64-9617). Typed that number into Summit Racing and it's coming up with a reman carb. Under the applications it's showing 3 vehicles.

1978 PLYMOUTH SAPPORO
1978 Dodge Colt
1978 Dodge Challenger

All with the 2.6L 4 cylinder. Does that sound right to you? I guess it would be possible to go to a parts store to see if they have a rebuild kit for any of those vehicles or ask Holley for a kit.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Master Fabricator

Same thing I came up with, NAPA had two of the kit's and when opening and looking at the instructions, the carbs were 2 bbl down draft carbs, not what I have so that told me the numbers I have are NO GOOD...
Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Master Fabricator

Have you tried thru www.mikuni.com? The site seems to be for motorcycles and such, but could be helpful...I think those were a set up sold by B&M YEARS ago...
Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Master Fabricator

Just hoping now,,,,

I have tried that website, went to B&M trying to find the intake, no luck, the carbs work now, but may need rebuilding, jets or just gaskets,,, I am running out of places to look,,,