Go Back OFN Forums > Marketplace > Help Wanted

Help Wanted fab shops looking for employees

Help Wanted fab shops looking for employees

Old 09-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Junior Fabricator

cage fabricator/welder in az gilbert,phoenix,chandler

looking for a fabshop looking for a hand with custom fabrication been doing cages for a while email me for resume
Old 09-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Master Fabricator

A word of advise. Not trying to be an asshat, just trying to offer a little help. More info might be helpful, You r state you live in and city. Maybe post up pictures of your fab work so people who may be looking for a guy have some idea what your skill set is. And how long you have been fabing/building. Your years of experience, age, etc.

I know your location is in your profile but telling potential employers to request a resume from you, and they have to take the time to look at where you live may not get you anywhere. It honestly sounds like your saying if your need someone you can come to me. This being your very first post and no one knows who you are..... most will pass this us and not give you a second thought. Hope this help. If your looking for work I know it's tough to find work right now. Good luck
Old 09-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Junior Fabricator

yes i understand i was actually going to get new pictures of my welds and upload some of my fab work like cages suspension work etc this week thank you for your input i appreciate it. but if anyone happens to come across this i am in gilbert arizona, i have been welding for 7 years fabing for 4, i am 21 years old, first thing i hear is o 4 years you know nothing but i learned from some of the best and take pride in my work like its my life. i will have pictures of my work up this week but i also dont just wana post my resume up here so if anyshop is interested sorry for the extra work but i can guarantee im not a waste of time.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Master Fabricator

Thanks for understanding I wasn't trying to be an ass. Your young and eager to work and learn, thats good. Experience is very important, but it's NOT everything. Being a machinist for 20+ years I can say I have taken alot of jobs away from others due to my quality of work and time I machined parts in. I prooved my worth that way over guys with way more years in the trade as machinists as I had back in the day.

I've worked with guys who called themselves a "Machinist", but only ran a conventional mill for 25 years an a big aircraft corp. doing the same basic job for decades holding plus/minus .010 to .030 tolerance. Give guys like that a close tolerance job with plus/minus .0002 and they die inside. Just don't have what it takes to hold precision tolerances.

I went to trade school, then worked in job shops most of my machining career running many different types of machines, and machining every type of parts imaginable out of just about any type of materials. From toy parts to parts for NASA to satelite parts, fighter jet and helicopter parts and everything in between. All conventional machines and cnc mills and lathes. Multi axis machining centers with 6 axis capibility. So I hold decades of experience to a certain standard, but like I said it's not everything.

Fabrication is one of those trades, like machining where you will never learn all there is to learn about it. It's WAY WAY WAY to vast a skill set. You see some guys "design" something to be fabricated and your like WTF???!!! You see all the design flaws ans lack of skill in the design, and the exicution of how they go about fabricating something as simple as a basic bracket. Guys will use either too thin of material or WAY too thick material and then you see the horrible welding.

Now I understand maybe they have just not been taught properly by someone who actually knows what they are doing, or, maybe they have but feel they know how to better, it may even be an ego thing. But bottom line those are the guys I would NEVER want to work on my stuff and I would never hire. Sorry for the long post, but I'm glad you seen willing to work hard and want to be in a high skilled trade like being a welder/fabricator. It's a trade to be proud of for damn sure.

Are you taking any welding classes or anything to aid in your sucess in the trade? Something to think about. I have three welding certifications and a FAA A&P precision machinist and mechanics licence. I have cnc programming certifications and advanced cnc programming certs as well. I would never have gotten them and been able to improove my skill set had I not applied myself and made the effort to go and learn more about what I love to do. And I was a high school drop out myself. I did go back and get my GED though at age 26. So, it's never too late. By the way, I enjoy teaching so if you have any questions, I'm happy to help. As anyone here is too. Great bunch of guys and a great site as well.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Junior Fabricator

i did attend school to learn all the correct ways of welding i was in school to be a aero space aluminum tig welder but always caught my self building bumpers for budy for offroading i fell into a job at patrick motorsports a porsche fab shop they build top to bottom race cars, i got taught everything there is to know about designing a cage and i just wanted more i worked with a guy for a year and eventually was able to do a full 6 point spec cage with x brace and all in 3-4 days start to finish im eager for new chances to learn more and always know theres more to learn you are never done, as of now i have worked for 4 companys doing tig welding one of which was suspension for racing offroad applications which is when i decided i couldnt leave offroad its just to fun, i take to much pride in my welds and fabrication, i now work for a new company doing utv fabrication like doing cages and welding them, i just need a real oppurtunity to show wat i can do but theres all theys "kids" running around who went to evit or there high school and think they can weld of fab tht give young guns like me a bad name i ran into this web site and thought id try to put my self out there ill be sure to upload my work ill try to today i have built anything from art work like metal roses to full race cars to spec. im not cocky at all (maybe a lil) but i just take pride in my work and how hard i have worked to become the fabricator i am today, dont take it as being a dick im just way to proud of my work
Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Junior Fabricator

how can i post up pics?
Old 09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Junior Fabricator

Old 09-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Junior Fabricator

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...2_731446_n.jpg

Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Junior Fabricator

this is all i really have as of now for my work ill be sure to upload more this week the truck stuff was when i was still mig welding
Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Junior Fabricator

let me know wat you think id like feed back ill be uploading more these r the newest beads just layed today on a cage at work
Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Junior Fabricator

Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Junior Fabricator

Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Junior Fabricator

please anyone looking for feedback for improvment, is it strange i weld better all twisted up in a cage or crawling around than on a table haahahha
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Master Fabricator

Feedback?
On the OFN

Looks good from here though I tend to like the dimes stacked tighter

Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Master Fabricator

WOW! Very nice welding indeed. I would hire you. See the difference a picture makes . Honestly those pics are a great addition to a resume.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Fabricator

Welds look pretty darn good! Skills like that will defiantly help you in your process, but here is my personal word of advice. Learn sentence structure and grammar. You come here posting that you are looking for work, but use almost no punctuation and poor sentence structure. You need to present your self as being professional, it goes a long way. Good luck in finding something.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Junior Fabricator

Yes, you can tell I'm not a english major, one of my flaws my wife always gets on me for. I lack proper sentence structure when i need to, thank you though. I am just hoping some shop strolls across this page and sees my work and gives me a chance, fingers crossed
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Junior Fabricator

Job

didnt notice where you are from, but if anywhere close to southern New Jersey, I own a race car fab shop, and in need of good help!!

my email Fusionfabllc@yahoo.com
Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Junior Fabricator

Man am i sad ur in jersey i would say ill start tonorrow!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Junior Fabricator

I was looking up your company to look it out waa it once called mtk fab!?!?! Cuz i do joba outa my house here and i call it mtk designs!!!