Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
This thread is going sideways already, so I'll go ahead and contribute to the derailment.

E - Have you got any photos of your Pinto? What has become of it now? Did it get rear-ended and turn into an inferno?
I had very few pictures and if they still exist, I have no idea where, but I'll ask my better 7/8ths and see if she knows.

E

Update:
I am told that those 30+year old pictures most likely don't exist at this point having been taken BC... (Before Children) they were not deemed of any real value
If I do find them I'll scan and post though they wont be much to look at; as I said that ride was a real sleeper.

Last edited by entropy; 07-31-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Master Fabricator

[quote=TheBandit;133702]This thread is going sideways already, so I'll go ahead and contribute to the derailment. QUOTE]

Let it run... we can reel it back in when I actually get around to doing something on the bug.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Master Fabricator

[quote=METAL TWISTER;133707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
This thread is going sideways already, so I'll go ahead and contribute to the derailment. QUOTE]

Let it run... we can reel it back in when I actually get around to doing something on the bug.
Well is it time to reel it back in?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Master Fabricator

I'm suprised you're choosing such an old Honda donor front end. The 1994 EG Civics had a much improved motor, tranny, driveshafts & wishbone setup than previous Honda shopping trolleys. Without wanting to criticize or discourage you in any way, can I gently ask that you're not making the all too common mistake of basing a whole project on some beat up old donor car that fell in your lap - rather than having worked out what's really best for your design & chasing down a wreck to meet those criteria? I'd hate to see your build limited or struggling further down the track because you weren't selective enough at this stage. Even though a better donor may cost more $$$ it's cheaper & way more satisfying in the end.

Any pictures you can post for this build? I'm beginning to wonder if it's all just theoretical. I wanna see metal!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:37 AM
Junior Fabricator

Hey you gathered 3 piece of the product and want make up a model of sedan top. I think this is good job for you if you know how to weld/fabrication this product.
walshequipment.com.au/fabrication
Old 05-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Master Fabricator

Hey guys its been awhile... I got all the pieces in a big pile on the shop floor and a guy came in and saw what I was going to do with it. He liked it and thought he would like a project like that, so now its his dream in his garage. He made it worth my time to collect the parts for him so everyone is happy! I'm sure I will be doing some of the things that might be a bit above his skill level from time to time. On to the next thing...