Go Back OFN Forums > Shop and Tool Talk > Software Tech/Questions

Software Tech/Questions Do you use CAD? Curious about it? It can be a great tool to have in the shop. This is the place to talk about it!

Software Tech/Questions Do you use CAD? Curious about it? It can be a great tool to have in the shop. This is the place to talk about it!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Site Admin

Exclamation Bend-Tech Customers

Bend-Tech Customers,

We can not support you well on a public discussion forum, including this one. We can not be proficient supporting customers hunting around the internet to see if anyone is having problems. If you have issues with any of our software, I can guarantee you that you will have satisfactory service sending us emails or giving us a call on the phone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cris
President of Bend-Tech Software
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcam View Post
If you have issues with any of our software, I can guarantee you that you will have satisfactory service sending us emails or giving us a call on the phone.
I'll definitely roger that! They have helped me navigate through some problems I was having. In saying that, the problems were NOT the software, they were the user!

Cris and his team are top of their class in customer service and this is not a bunch of bs.

Grant
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I'll definitely roger that! They have helped me navigate through some problems I was having. In saying that, the problems were NOT the software, they were the user!

Cris and his team are top of their class in customer service and this is not a bunch of bs.

Grant
Third that..... Chris sorted out my issue real fast. Only reason I posted up in the past was, I don't expect them to be working on Christmas day & Sundays....
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Junior Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
In saying that, the problems were NOT the software, they were the user!
I'll second that.

The only problems that I've need help with has been user error.

But with that said. I like having problems posted for all to see. That way I can see how others have figured things out.
Maybe I can learn something new along the way.

I can see where it can cross the line to airing 'dirty laundry'. In those's cases I'll sure agree that this is not the place for it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Master Fabricator

Fabcam,
You are the man when t comes to Bend Tech no doubt. I support your request to go direct so that you recieve prompt help. Your customer service has always been excellent and you product works well and performs exactly as advertised. I have no problem recomending your product or you after sale service ever. It's a good idea then to consolodate the service and get it off the forums so that they get fixed quickly. I am a user and have been fortunate enough to only need support once and 15 minutes later I was back up and running. Just to let you know there are happy customers singing the praises of your software and services.
Bob
Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Master Fabricator

I believe most of us here are. I do look for outside help because sometimes operator error can be solved with our forum friends. I do say thanks for the support already.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Master Fabricator

You guys ROCK!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Fabricator

Oops.... seems my origional posts started something I didn't expect... sorry !

I do think sharing ideas, questions & looking for help from fellow users is all part of the 'hobby' experience. I do most of my design work at weekends and quite often in the very small hours of the morning, having a forum to float questions 'out of office' hours is all part & parcel of that experience.

I'm still in the infant stages of using BT SM & as such make lots of mistakes.... I wouldn't want to be calling Chris every time I have an issue, that's what (internet forum) friends are for

BT SM is a great product & I'm working on my local highschool shop teacher to start using it for himself & maybe his shop class.

Keep up the great work.... now when do we get the next update with lots of new features
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Master Fabricator

Bend Tech has the best customer service there is, if someone can't send an email in, then they have more problems than learning the software lol. That said, the OFN has alot of knowledgeable people to help out also. Just don't be puttin the software down when you don't know what your doing, and everything will be all right.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopars 4 Life View Post
Bend Tech has the best customer service there is, if someone can't send an email in, then they have more problems than learning the software lol.:
Don't disagree, no-one said an email wasn't sent to tech support....

Quote:
That said, the OFN has alot of knowledgeable people to help out also.
Yup.... that's why I posted as well as emailing tech support..... as I assumed I was being dumb !

Quote:
Just don't be puttin the software down when you don't know what your doing, and everything will be all right.:bounce2.
Again.... don't believe that the SW was being put down.... just exploring all the available resources.

As I noted above, I don't expect tech support to work 24/7. However, when the project stops cause you can't get the files drawn up on a Sunday, ready for cutting on Monday....
Old 02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy_andy View Post
Yup.... that's why I posted as well as emailing tech support..... as I assumed I was being dumb !
yeah i probably shoulda re-worded that post, so it didn't sound like i was talking
directly to you lol. sorry bout that
Old 11-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Junior Fabricator

gonna call tec line tonite
not having much luck with me new modules
Old 11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Junior Fabricator

I agree with what seems like all of the Bend-Tech customers. I called Cris when i first started using bend-tech and after 30-40 min on the phone, I felt like a bend-tech master. Been a customer now for about 11 years.

Support has always been awesome.

I still wish there was a way to port the software to a MAC OS. Although my Windows OS runs perfect on MAC hardware, ha.

Thanks Cris and team for all the hard work and keeping the new features coming. Ordering my new version tomorrow.