Go Back OFN Forums > Marketplace > Wanted Classifieds

Wanted Classifieds Are you looking for something? Post it up someone might just have it.

Wanted Classifieds Are you looking for something? Post it up someone might just have it.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Master Fabricator

Bumper Clevis mounts

I am in need of the Bumper Clevis Mounts for recovery/tiedown.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I need 4 please.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Master Fabricator

I like these better then anything I have seen. I'm not sure if he is selling them anymore, but it is worth a check.

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1760
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Master Fabricator

As much as I would like to have those, Scott doesnt make them anymore. I was hoping for info on getting them somewere else.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Master Fabricator

Whatchoo want? I make ya sum up if a few other peeps would want some. Get enough people together and i would run up a bunch.... Just gimee a pic and some dims. PM for any other details.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Master Fabricator

Yeah, I spent the hr to program the lathe to make some for myself. I noticed he didn't have them on his site. If Captain CNC doesn't want to deal with it, I have the program already written and could turn out a few. I made mine from 2" 1018 and put a 1" hole in it for a shackle.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CNC View Post
Whatchoo want? I make ya sum up if a few other peeps would want some. Get enough people together and i would run up a bunch.... Just gimee a pic and some dims. PM for any other details.
Hmmm, How many would need to be made? Hmmm, maybe a unique design... hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
Yeah, I spent the hr to program the lathe to make some for myself. I noticed he didn't have them on his site. If Captain CNC doesn't want to deal with it, I have the program already written and could turn out a few. I made mine from 2" 1018 and put a 1" hole in it for a shackle.
Any pics of what you have writen?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
Figure a price and let me know. At the minimum 4-ea. Could be more depending on price.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Master Fabricator

[quote=scootek;90353]Hmmm, How many would need to be made? Hmmm, maybe a unique design... hmmmm

For something like scott used to make or another design?

Mmm...Yea! Maybe ya want JEEP engraved on the sphere? Or 4X4 or something? Company name?

If yer just lookin for some yourself then let B-pearl make ya a couple real quick. If you want say a dozen and/or want something unique (whatever that may be to you) I could quote ya however many you want. Price would depend on quantity. Low quantity means i put more $ in MY pocket and run em up on my own time, higher quantity means i gotta write up a job and run em thru the company, thus putting more money in my employers pocket.

You wanna supply the material then thats a different story too... let me know.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Master Fabricator

I'll post a picture of mine when I get over to my buddies shop. I turned it down to 1" in the mounting shaft and made it 2.25" long so it has a small flange to weld to on 2x4" tubing , put a 1.00" radius on the sphered end, then I milled the pockets 0.50" deep on each side and milled a 1" hole. Total length is 5.00" if I remember correctly.

I'll post the g-code if I can get my buddy to d/l it out of the lathe.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Master Fabricator

i might grab four of those if the price is right as well
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Master Fabricator

I just checked, I have 8' of the round bar left, so I can make about 15-16 of them. I will spin them all down and get them milled give me like a week and they should be done. I suspect they would be about $25/.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Master Fabricator

[quote=CAPTAIN CNC;90366]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootek View Post
Hmmm, How many would need to be made? Hmmm, maybe a unique design... hmmmm

For something like scott used to make or another design?

Mmm...Yea! Maybe ya want JEEP engraved on the sphere? Or 4X4 or something? Company name?

If yer just lookin for some yourself then let B-pearl make ya a couple real quick. If you want say a dozen and/or want something unique (whatever that may be to you) I could quote ya however many you want. Price would depend on quantity. Low quantity means i put more $ in MY pocket and run em up on my own time, higher quantity means i gotta write up a job and run em thru the company, thus putting more money in my employers pocket.

You wanna supply the material then thats a different story too... let me know.
I feel like i should clarify a bit. When i say $ in MY pocket i just mean to cover my time turning the parts and the material. I just like to help out my neighbors and my OFN buddies whenever i can.

I guess what i was saying is a medium quantity run would be the optimum situation. This way i could run em all up "under the radar" so to speak. My boss is cool and knows i do this stuff time to time but doesnt have a problem with me doin stuff for myself or others off the clock or in another machine so long as i keep the ones i already have running running. Plus theres not much/any profit in it for myself. Now, a larger quantinty run like saaaaayy 24-36+ pcs he'd prolly rather me quote it and write it up as a job and THEN the cost would prolly be to close to the high side.

Anyway it looks like Black Pearl has got ya taken care of with this particular situation but i did wanna propose an idear. What do yall think about this... I could draw up a pretty sweet trick lookin design with the OFN logo engraved on the front then post up the design in a new thread and let everybody post up how many they'd like to have regardless of cost per pc. THEN i could pin down the absolute bottom dollar (material cost + my hourly rate instead of our shop rate) and run em all up one saturday and everybody can buy however many they wanted and i'd just shelf the rest (if any) until somebody starts a new project and knows they wanna use them again they can just PM me and i'll send em on there way.

As with everything there's but one "catch". And that is regarding Cris and his OFN logo going on a part. Cris will have to approve of both me doing this for everyone AND the part i design BEFORE i even start a thread for others to view the part and toss out a number they'd be interested in. And if Cris would rather his logo not be on em maybe we could have a poll for whats engraved on em. Or for a little extra you could request "x" number of parts with something specific you want.

But i think i could run some pretty sweet ones for a real good price if several people wanted a few each... or more. And it seems to be an item everybody uses in one form or another. So let me know what you all think and hopefully Cris will chime in or PM or call me. Ow and my feelins wont be hurt if its a dumb idear or Cris says no thanks. And of course i'm always open to others idears and constructive criticism as well as collaboration with someone else for whatever reason.

Anywho... whatcha all think?

(Cris, PM me what ya think or PM me for my Ph number. Or just ignore me and i'll take that as a no thank you. No probs)

Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Master Fabricator

Ballistic Fab makes them too, for about that price. Here is the link...

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...nd_p_1682.html

Complete with the Ballistic Fab skull etched in it.

JH
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Master Fabricator

OFN Vendor here makes them...

http://www.kore4x4customs.com/index....mart&Itemid=54