Go Back OFN Forums > Marketplace > Wanted Classifieds

Wanted Classifieds Are you looking for something? Post it up someone might just have it.

Wanted Classifieds Are you looking for something? Post it up someone might just have it.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Blood Sweat & Nozzle Dip

Anyone willing to do a small lathe job?

Six pieces total.

Two pieces roughly 5" long, 3" OD, with a 1.25" hole through the center and a pocket for a bearing and a seal on each side. All square cuts.

Four pieces to sleeve in to each end of the above two pieces, also 3" OD, and between 1.5" and 2.5" total length (doesn't matter...2.5" would be great, 1.5" is less time & material), with a 3/4" hole through the center.

I can provide a (really really) rough drawing at this point.

Send a PM if you figure you'd be interested, and rough price.

Thanks very much,
Sean
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Master Fabricator

I'd do it fer ya cheap just to help out a fellow member if i could but work won't allow it. We are, however, slow right now in the lathes aside from myself and the Mazak. If ya wanna call Apex Tool in Evansville and ask for myself I'll hook ya up with someone who could shoot ya a quote and make sure they don't try and bone ya. (812) 425-8121. I'm there tuesday-friday 6-4.

Wish i could help more but i don't have any machines ...yet. Not til the house is paid for. I thought you had a buddy movin his cnc's into yer shop? Are they there and setup yet? I'd come there and run em up for ya if that's possible. I been wantin to get over and check out yer shop anyway.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Blood Sweat & Nozzle Dip

Thanks, you guys who've responded! I just wanted to post back so nobody thought I was ignoring them or blowing anybody off.

Wish I knew at this point whether my friend who was gonna do the work is able to get everything chucked up at his shop or not (that's why I posted here)...I do have material, if it comes to it and he can't bore the holes, I can at least send out small, faced parts rather than a hunk of raw material.

The drawing of what we're making is over in the General Fabrication section...still working on it, at the moment.

-Sean
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Master Fabricator

Did you ever get these made? I may be able to help you out. Grant