Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
Is this thing on !?!?!?!?
Nope

Old 09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Master Fabricator

alas this is like every other build on xtreme they get us interested in a build than do 3 episodes than maybe in a year or two there might be another show. back in october I asked xtreme about the rhino honda powered buggy and was interested in finding out info about such a build and took extra interest in this build but like all the other builds I have been let down yet again. I love the show and the fact I have yet to see any build start to finish I will still watch. but I think and I know I am not alone here but xtreme would be a better show if they started a project and finished it in the same season. heck last show on the mud bogger was next time you see this it will be racin but Ian forgot to say what year that was happin in????????????? Does anyone know where RockApes build on his design is on Pirate???? and don't mean to whine but it would be nice to see something start to finish on the show.

Dave
Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
quick newbie question for you, your steering ram is mounted to the inner hole on your hy-steer arms, I'm going to be running the same set-up (full-hydro single-ended ram on toys) on the arms I have the drag link goes in the inner hole. So I guess what Im getting at is do you have a special arm on the other side or you just going to run the drag link in the wrong hole?

Josh
Ian is gone till next season on this one, and good question

Dave
Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Fabricator

Buy Buy Ian ...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino2205 View Post
alas this is like every other build on xtreme they get us interested in a build than do 3 episodes than maybe in a year or two there might be another show. back in october I asked xtreme about the rhino honda powered buggy and was interested in finding out info about such a build and took extra interest in this build but like all the other builds I have been let down yet again. I love the show and the fact I have yet to see any build start to finish I will still watch. but I think and I know I am not alone here but xtreme would be a better show if they started a project and finished it in the same season. heck last show on the mud bogger was next time you see this it will be racin but Ian forgot to say what year that was happin in????????????? Does anyone know where RockApes build on his design is on Pirate???? and don't mean to whine but it would be nice to see something start to finish on the show.

Dave
I can tell you this one looks like its gonna get finished!!! I think the show tries to appeal to alot of different types of the 4x4-ing crowd so it takes time to get a 4-5 part series through to the end.

I talked to Ian a few weeks back(he just so happened to be doing some of the final welding on this build...) and he sounded like he had all the parts...just needing to get time to film the final episodes of this build.

if you search lo-budget pimpin on the website you mentioned you can find my build......
Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Master Fabricator

thanks I'll check it out. and don't get me wrong its a great show and it was cool he shared here but I just wished they could do the builds over a couple months instead of years. I have yet to see any build on xtreme from start to finish. I would have liked to have seen the early builds on the trugy but saw the last 2, but its a great show with good ideas. it was funny on the build where Ian made a 14 bolt front end he didn't throw much out there on how he did it but he sent alot of chat rooms buzzin with all these reasons why it wouldn't work and how the gears run on the coast side but as I found out all front ends turn on the coast side except the high pinion fords, but all the arm chair chatters had so many ideas on the subject it was to funny. it would be nice for xtreme to do a show on the ins and outs of how stuff works and how rear engine rigs are set up and so forth. on this build to much has been mentioned about the honda turning backwards but any front wheel drive will work the same way just not as compact a package. but someday this build will be done and thanks for the link

Dave
Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Junior Fabricator

I'm baffled by the A pillar gussets, but it's a cool build and a decent show.

I understand they are marketing to a wide audience, and they have to pimp their sponsors, no biggy :)
Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post

I understand they are marketing to a wide audience, and they have to pimp their sponsors, no biggy :)
Decent show

It is my favorite show Gears is a close second.

Kinda miss Jessi . Where did she go? Over to speed?

Not seen much of her lately. She had some skills, guess Ian wanted more time to set himself on fire. Now he is the King of Spike JMO 2c...

Where did she go Pirate TV Overhaulin, Baja 1000, Myth Busters?

All the above. Glad to see Ian take over the show. Does Courtney weld? Need another hot babe with some skillz.

Do not run it after lunch tho I ahve to go to work sometime on the projects, wife will not let me get a flatscreen for the shop. Glad to see some run early.

Great Show Ian Lets build a 76 Early Bronco:
I will donate my Sport: For a 79 ton conversion

Last edited by Broncoholic; 09-28-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post

I think its to keep the mud out of his eyes when mine is throwin the 20ft'er......:gapteeth:
Old 12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Junior Fabricator

any updates on this build???
Old 12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Fabricator

Did anyone get the plans on that Dimple Die frame. I saw the episode recently and would like to build one.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Junior Fabricator

As far as updates go anyone hear how their home-brew square tube driveshaft held up to abuse?
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Fabricator

I am surprised nobody has the plans for that portable dimple die stand from the show. Come on guys. someone has to have done it.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Junior Fabricator

Looks pretty simple to make. I don't think you will need plans. Just look at it and figure out something that works. Maybe a little bit of trial and error but what fun is getting it right the first time anyways haha.

In all seriousness though, find a hydraulic jack that will work measure it at its full closed position and fully extended. Then measure the height of both your dies put together as they were ready to be used (die on bottom, material in between, die on top). Make sure you are measuring the biggest die you will be using, and make sure to account for varying material thicknesses.

So, say your jack is 10" is its closed position, 18" fully extended. Your largest die is 4" at its maximum height and lets say 3" when it is compressed. Now lets assume that your smallest die is 2" when it is fully compressed. So, you will need to have enough travel in the jack to be able to fit your largest dies 4" +2" extra clearance, or working room, yet you must still have to compress the smallest die 2". Or you could do it the easy way, make the open on the press 18" and be done with it. You will have 8" of travel(only require 6) for whatever you may need.

For the frame just look at the picture and copy accordingly.

Really not hard to figure out just by looking at it. No need for plans.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Fabricator

Doms, thanks. The problem is, I don't have a pictue. Haha. If I did that is all I would need to build it. I agree, the brief flash of it I saw on the show looked simple enough but that's all I got, a brief flash. Do you have a picture of it? If so please share.
Thanks for your help.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Junior Fabricator

Im sorry, I don't have a photo. What I did was go onto the powerblock website and went to the budget buggy part 1 episode, when it got to the dimple die press I paused it. You can get a pretty good idea of what is going on.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Junior Fabricator

Here, I threw this together quickly for you. Material is 1.5" x 3" .250wall tubing. Just kind of a basic idea to work off of, I am not an engineer... Design is open to criticism. Oh, and I am completely new to autodesk. Infact, this was my first project. I wanted an excuse to try it out haha.

Side View:

Rear View:

I am not really sure how to input measurements into the program so that they are saved with the file,so I will try to explain this the best I can. I will break it into two (2) sections:

1. The C-frame
2. Support/brace

The C-frame's top and bottom rails measure 16" in length. The rear verticle rail is also 16". This gives you a depth of 14.5" and a height of 16". The two corner braces are 6" on their long side, and the ends are cut at a 45* angle.

The support frame measures 28" in height. The top brace off that, which connects the rear support to the c-frame, measures 11.314" on its long side (about 11-5/16" I think). Cuts again are 45*. It is comprised of two pieces of material turned on edge, essentially turning out a 3x3 square.

Two leg supports coming off the frame are 8" on their long side; 45* cuts.

I think that about covers it. I didn't account for any gaps for welding, so if you copy those measurements exact, bevel your edges or take off an extra 1/16 on the ends.

Any questions, just ask. Any design flaws or concerns, state them. If you think I am a moron and that the design won't work, let me know haha. Like I said, I am no engineer. As such, I take no responsiblity associated with the construction or use of this design. Feel free to modify as you see fit.

Anyways, back to homework haha.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Fabricator

Just saw the new episode...

http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/in.../ep?ep_show=XT

The paint looks bling!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Junior Fabricator

Can't wait to see it finished.