Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Hotrod Fabrication Hotrod Fabrication

Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Fabricator

22r carb tuning

I'm not sure where to post this, anyway, I just rebuilt the 22r in my toyota, the block was bored 50 over, my question is should I rejet, and how well do these carbs work without the smog crap?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Junior Fabricator

If your thinking about using a stock carb on a .050 over bore forget about it. honestly if you spent the $$$ to bore that big i would port n' polish the head, put oversized valves, buy a decent header and get the weber 32/36 carb conversion kit off ebay for $270.95. Thats the best thing you can do for that engine to get the compression and horsepower to pull 33" or 35" tires or just more power in general. Unless you live in california i would remove all the smog equipment it make you lose horsepower. thats your best route bud
Old 06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Master Fabricator

an .050 overbore alone wouldn't require any jetting changes. Kitting/cleaning the carb would not be a bad idea but is it necessary? If it hasn't already been done ,you might wana remove the plug over the idle a/f mixture screw and adjust for best idle quality.
I wouldent mod that carb beyond that instead I would use the weber carb toyotaguy suggested.
BTW did You replace the timing chain ? cam timing on this engine can make a pretty big diffrence in torque and drivabilaty.