Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Offroad Fabrication

Offroad Fabrication Offroad Fabrication

Offroad Fabrication Offroad Fabrication

Old 11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Junior Fabricator

Thanks it went fast because of the software. I'll take a pic when I get a chance. It's pretty good. I bent up two and this was the better looking one lol. Visability isn't bad...really I just can't see the mainhoop on my bumper....and I couldn't see anything past that anyway with it there and then it blocks a bit looking to the passenger side front....I guess a pic will show it best. I didn't like the way the round bump looked...for maybe an inch of extra visibility.

Bend tech pro was helpfull because of the notching but even then it still took some more grinding and stuff....definitely a helpfull start though. The easiest was to measure what you needed and design it as a separate part, then put it into the assembly on a tube to get your notching. It would be perfect for designing a buggy or internal cage but pretty difficult to make an assembly around something because taking measurements was so difficult. It would be nice if you could place your pickpoints by selecting your reference point and then giving a measurement and a degree of angle for the next pick point. The other nice thing would be to be able to get cutouts just by putting in degrees. Like I need 45 degree notches....now I have to make something in assembly that has 45's and then take the notching from the assembly. It would be cool just to be able to type in 45....or 30...and have a cutout ready for you.

Anyways big shout out to Cris for the great software and service. I wouldn't have been able to do it so fast and with such little wasted tube without bend tech pro.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Master Fabricator

Nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller
The other nice thing would be to be able to get cutouts just by putting in degrees. Like I need 45 degree notches....now I have to make something in assembly that has 45's and then take the notching from the assembly. It would be cool just to be able to type in 45....or 30...and have a cutout ready for you.
X2

or 75*
Old 11-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Fasterbater Mabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit
Wow nice work and incredibly fast! Can you take a picture from inside the cab to how how much the cowl bar affects visibility?
Ya, I gotta say you don't waist any time!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 PM

good job.. looks great.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Master Fabricator

Here is a notching program that does it by angle. http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi hope it helps.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Junior Fabricator

Thanks guys...I had a goal to get it all done by saturday so I had to get on it. I know about that program....it would just be nice to have in the software....really I could have used bendtech EZ and the matal geek link and could have saved 200 bones. So the more features the software has the more justifiable the price is. I was giving my .02 for Cris.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Wow nice work and incredibly fast! I gotta say you don't waist any time!!! Here is a notching program that does it by angle. http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi hope it helps.

- jimmygarison

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebandit View Post
wow nice work and incredibly fast! I gotta say you don't waist any time!!! Here is a notching program that does it by angle. http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi hope it helps.

- jimmygarison
lol.