Go Back OFN Forums > Vendor Q&A > Bend-Tech

Old 01-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Junior Fabricator

Yahoo!

Just finished the download of BT Pro! Very well put together.... I have been a full version AutoCad user for many years and this is amazing. I will post creations as they come about.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Junior Fabricator

Bought EZ with my Bender and Before using the bender upgraded to PRO. I plan to use it to build a mini 4x4 buggy for my son, which will really be the Prototype for my future Buggy, thanks again for a great product.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Fabricator

I bought EZ-3D and upgraded to SE two days later. This was one of the best investments i have made for my shop.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Fabricator

Been messing around with cars since 1987. Work a few years for a 7S team running the SCORE series. Went back to school for electronics and work at a international safety agency about 7 years. Right now I am stuck in BFE, I mean Yuba City until my wife gets thru the Veterinary program @ UC Davis. Will be headed back to SoCal summer 2009!

Purchased Bend Tech back in Oct. 07 and have been messing around with it when time permits. Love the program. Currently just working to hone my skills until I can afford to start my own shop (hopefully) down the road.

Thanks for such a great product! I wish more things held up to their claims as Bend Tech has.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Master Fabricator

Picked up BTPro this weekend, loving it already! Very easy to learn, I've already designed a cage that will be bent up soon for a CJ7. Playing around with buggy designs too.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Fabricator

I have been building racecars for the past few years and I just ordered bend tech pro I have had the EZ for a year or so and I havent used it untill a couple of weeks ago and I am already wanting more I cant believe I havent been using this program this thing is sweet. I cant wait till I can design my whole car with my pro software. Also A+++++ Tech Support! Thanks Chris for this great product.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Master Fabricator

Progress

I bought EZ in 2003 or 2004 and used the heck out of it for a couple years.
Just stepped up to Pro when it arrived in the mail today.
I'm sure I'll have questions as I do already although at the moment they are minor config questions not the FUN "use" questions.
Thanks for fast service!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Junior Fabricator

Thumbs up OOOOh yeeeaaaah, Bend Tech! From Alberta Eh!

Just got bend tech pro last week, I must say I am very pleased.
No more guessing! Working on a roll cage for the 4x4, front and rear bumpers, and some custom cruiser bikes. I think its essential to see what your project is going to look like before you start cutting and bending a whack of darn $expensive$ tube.

Very happy, a whole new world of possibilities has opened up for me.

A Bent notched and welded world!

Great customer service also, very helpful.
Cris seems like real decent fellow.
Two thumbs up
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Junior Fabricator

Bought Pro two weeks ago, and got my Apple laptop setup to run it after being reminded why I don't like using my wife's PC.

So far I've been messing around with roll cages and such for my Jeep. We're talking about putting together something for VORRA, and this seemed like a worthy investment. So far it's been well worth the money.

My dad has had a muffler and welding shop for quite a few years, and we work on a couple of racecars, so I'm not new to bending tubing. Most of my projects have been hotrods though. Looking forward to doing more with this.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcam View Post
Please use this thread to sign-in as a Bend-Tech customer.

Tell us the product that you have (EZ, EZ-3D, Bend-Tech full, etc..) and how long you have used it.

Let us know how long you have been fabricating and what you have manufactured.

I bought a copy of BendTechPro a couple weeks ago.

It didn't take too long to understand the concepts. Pickpoints really ARE used for everything! I am mostly screwing around with the single point, and 2-point tools to define new tubes in the assembly....but I really want to understand more about the "plane" function. That one seems like it will be cool.

The only complaint I have so far is that the 3D rendering of the parts doesn't seem to accurately know which tubes are "foreground" tubes, and which ones are "background" ones.... the pickpoints are all drawn properly, but the tubes are almost "woven" through each other (like one of those MC Escher artistic drawings)??? It's a minor quibble, but I'd be interested to know if it's because I've built the assembly wrong, or if it's a program bug.

My project is a complete tube chassis for a full-size Chevy. Nothing like jumping right in at the deep-end of the pool, eh?

I'm a neophyte fabricator by my own standards, but over time I've acquired a lot of the lust-worthy tools necessary to create a competent home shop.

My bender isn't set up in the new shop yet, but once I do I imagine that I'll have to buy a degree ring (for measuring springback, and accurate bend angles)

Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Junior Fabricator

Just got my EZ program today can't wait to get started with it.
Thanks Harky
Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Junior Fabricator

Using Bend-Tech Pro to design my 4 seater buggy chassis - new user. Really like it so far.

Stewart
Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Fabricator

Hey Stewart!

New customer too, reverse engineering my buggy chassis for add ins and also plan to use it for other roll cages, etc. that I get roped into building for freinds.

Dave
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Junior Fabricator

Ive had EZ3D for a few years...awesome program....make sure you guys back up all your saved information..I didnt and lost a computer a little while back and lost all the information I had been using...now gotta start over from scratch.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Junior Fabricator

I just recently recieved BT-Pro... I have been fabricating for the past 5 years and will be using it to build cages, bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff...

I have played with it for a little bit and it looks like it will be a life saver!!!

Thanks fellas for a great product!!!
-Chris Morris
Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Junior Fabricator

Just got BT Pro to build roll cage for my race car.
Previously built Gottrikes style hydraulic bender, welding table, race car simulator, cart for my bandsaw.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Junior Fabricator

I just purchased Bend-Tech Pro to design a roll cage for my drag truck. I've got a PT105HD bender, and will be working with 4130 tubing for this project.

I'm new to bending, but have done other fabrication work for my own projects. Most of my work has been around milling various adapters and what not. I've also started dabbling in TIG welding for this project and some other aluminum work I'm doing (intake manifolds, etc.). What can I say, I like doing my own work.

I've only played with the software a little bit so far, but I really like it. It should make the design part of building my cage easy!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Fabricator

Just upgraded to pro from e-z 3-d.Thanks for your help it was a pleasure to talk with you Chris.
David
Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Blood Sweat & Nozzle Dip

BT Pro, using it to build a utility cage for the rear of the truck instead of the bed...and then build forward as I learn.

-Sean
Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Master Fabricator

BT-Pro, I'm havin a great time designing all types of "Tubular stuff " , chassis mostly, don't know how I survived without it all these years, Thanks..

Dallas

Quick Engineering

Dqracer
QuickEngineering.net