Go Back OFN Forums > Vendor Q&A > Bend-Tech

Old 03-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Site Admin

Exclamation BT-Dragon "H" series (hobby series)

Well guys we are working on a new series of the BT-Dragon. Currently the "A" series is going very well. The sales volume has exceeded our expectations. We have been working with Lance on a new series being the "H" series to catch the guys who want to get into the technology but have a hard time doing the price tag of the "A" series.

- We are targeting availability of these machines by the first of June.
- The price on these will be $7995.00 and I am very much considering a nice discount for OFN members who would like to jump on the first group of these.
- The price does not include a Hypertherm Mechanized PowerMax, however, we are getting set up as an OEM with Hypertherm and I could put together a nice bundle. Today you can get the Powermax 45 for around $2100.00 and I think I will be able to shave a little off that price with a Dragon bundle deal.
- Specs:
-- 2" max OD of tube or pipe
-- 1.75" pass through chuck (will allow longer tubes to be cut)
-- 6' of travel (a little under an 8' beam)
-- Torch mount (the mount is manually adjusted for height)
-- Pen mount (for marking bends and used to index the tubing through the pass-through chuck)
-- Adjustable lower guide bearings with a location slide scale
-- Bend-Tech Dragon CAD / CAM designed for the "H" series machine. This will be like BT-PRO and the CAM programming needed to easily program a stick of material. Will work very much like the "A" series. Integration to work with STEP and IGES files will be an add-on.
-- Windows based operators panel that will provide information and instruction on the operations of the machine.

This machine will be turnkey with the exceptions of a plasma cutter and a PC. Everything else, including wiring, controllers, motors, software etc. will be part of this package. We will also include great documentation for assembly (most components will be sub-assembled) and of course you will get the great customer service you are use to having with Bend-Tech.

This machine is not designed for an established shop. It would be great for an up and coming shop or the home fabricator that wants to make his life a little easier.

I am looking for some feedback on what you see with both functionality and pricing. I know we over shot pricing many of you with the "A" series machine and I am hoping we are in the ball park with this machine. Also lets talk about machine capability and so on.

I am also looking for how much interest there will be with this machine so I know how many I should order on the first inventory batch size. I will be taking pre-orders on these shortly. So if you would like your name on one, please let me know.

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to your response.

Cris
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Master Fabricator

That is great news!

"The sales volume has exceeded our expectations."

I have to say, I'm not at all surprised by this! I told Lance when he first showed me what he was working on, it would be huge!

Congrats to both of you and I'm really looking forward to the new machine
Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Master Fabricator

Very awesome news!

I guess i'll have to tell the wife no vacations for a couple years...
Or start selling my spare hoarded parts.

Let me know when youre ready... we'll talk!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Site Admin

update

The machine is coming together.

Cris Merry
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 03-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Fabricator

We've been hot on this one, look for more pics of the complete prototype machine next week
The last pic was the 1st stab now its higher and a few other improvements.
It equals the build quality of the current A-series just loses 2 axis, length and a lot of weight.
For chassis sized tubing its going to give you everything you need to start cutting tube in a small shop/garage environment.

The larger A-series is still more efficient at handling full lengths of tube among other production features.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Master Fabricator

Very cool. It'll be a few years, but I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Site Admin

Should have our first machine here in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to figure out how we can get this in your guys hands.

Cris Merry
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 03-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Master Fabricator

I've gotta say, I'm very excited to see this come about! You definitely have my interest with this H series. I've been pushing hard to develop my design skills in SolidWorks over the past few years, I'm getting to a point where I believe I'll be able to make use of everything these machines can do, and they would make my chassis production concepts a reality.

I've had a 2x4 Torchmate for about 5 years now so I'm relatively familiar with the process of prepping files for cut. Though I'm used to flat objects with some bends that are easy to flatten within the program. What is the file prep process like here? Lately I've been drawing a chassis via 3d sketch and wrapping the tube around the sketch as a Structural Member, am I on the right track for creating useable base files? I'm not really sure how to "unwrap" them from there, which makes the export process intimidating just due to lack of familiarity. No better way to learn than just jumping in though right? haha