Go Back OFN Forums > Vendor Q&A > Bend-Tech

Old 11-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Junior Fabricator

Smile Brake and Fuel Line Layout

Hi

Has anyone ever used Bend-Tech software to layout brake and fuel lines? I'm currently plumbing a 1967 Mustang Fastback (Dynacorn body). I'm building it from the ground up. I'm now in the process of running my brake lines. I'm looking for software that might help me determine/layout bend locations as I work the tubing through my hand bender. I will be doing 3/16", 1/4", 3/8" and maybe some 1/2". The centerline radius on the 3/16" is 1/2".

I currently own the Bend-Tech Sheet Metal stand alone package. I would buy one of the other packages if I thought my project would benefit from it. I've already used the sheet metal package to fabricate complicated brackets for my Heidts Pro-G independent rear end installation. It worked great.

Thank you for the help.

Britt
Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Master Fabricator

Bandit used it for some hydraulic lines I think. With a hand bender to iir. It doesn't matter what bender or what size tube or pipe.
It will work perfect for you. Every time.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Fabricator

I haven't done it, but I tried to set it up for bending EMT conduit with a hand bender, but quickly lost interest because of trying to calibrate the software to the hand bender. Needless to say I did it all the old fashioned way... which turned out kinda amateur (my own fault).

It would be awesome to be able to have a brake line module that actually had settings for off the shelf benders and pro brake line benders too..
Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Master Fabricator

Yes I have used BT for small tubes works the same as any other tube.
I also have used the header module for both small tube and Wiring runs.
Works slick!

E

Old 11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

I have used Bend Tech many times for this and it works very well. I have also done some lines without the software and find myself making more mistakes, usually with placing the bend offset in the wrong direction. Whether you use software or not, I think the biggest challenge (simple as it may be) is measuring and offsetting the right direction, depending on which side or sides of the tubing you want to run along a surface. Nothing is more frustrating than getting to the last bend on a 5 or 6 bend run and realizing you forgot to offset or offset the wrong way. Bend Tech makes it easy to check your work on the model/virtual tube before you print the bend instructions and make scrap - you can go around and take measurements on your Bend Tech parts and compare with measurements on your chassis.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Junior Fabricator

Smile Thank You for the Replies

My appreciation to TheBandit, entropy, comeoutswingin and Scootek for taking the time to respond to my post. Based on TheBandit's comments I will invest in the Bend-Tech Pro 7x software to layout my brake and fuel lines. Now I just need to see if I can get a reduced price since I already own a stand alone copy of the Sheet Metal module. I'll contact Bend-Tech directly.

Thanks again for the help.

Britt
Old 11-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittf View Post
I've already used the sheet metal package to fabricate complicated brackets for my Heidts Pro-G independent rear end installation. It worked great.
Got any pics? The idea of doing a 100% fresh build on a classic body style is pretty cool. What sort of powertrain do you have in mind?
Old 11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Junior Fabricator

TheBandit, here is a post I made when I fabricated the brackets to mount the Heidts Pro-G rear end onto the body. http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11284

I need to do a build thread. I'll pot more pictures later.

Britt