Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > Fabrication 101

Fabrication 101 Everyone has to start somewhere and for some, theOFN might be that somewhere.

Fabrication 101 Everyone has to start somewhere and for some, theOFN might be that somewhere.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Junior Fabricator

I use these quite often for metal line work

Old 11-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Master Fabricator

I told you.

Should have bought a TIG machine to weld the MAF block on. Now you can weld up some A/C lines. Glad I could help LOL.

A buddy has a LS'ed JK Jeep with lines made Like Entropy said, they look pretty factory.

I am not a fan of the ez clip hose stuff either, I also have been cut pretty badly from those clips on heavy equipment. Like sticking your hand on a cheese grader.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Master Fabricator

This doesn't help with flaring the tube but there is a ton of A/C info in here. There are some -8 pieces of tube in there with the flare already in here. Look in the oring to flare adapter section.

Red Dot Aftermarker Catalog
Old 11-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Junior Fabricator

EZ clip is great for its durability and ease of repair in the field, I use it on m heavy equipment installs but it can be ugly if thrown together without planning well for the install. You can get reduced barrier fittings and hose to use with a crimper that aren't as large of an outside diameter hose. I'm a Red Dot and Airsource dealer and I've found Airsource (MEI) has a better selection of repair and install fittings than REd Dot.. Weatherhead has a good selection also.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Master Fabricator

I'm putting together an AC system in my '42 Dodge Carryall and was looking into what would be needed for some nice Hard lines. Looks like you can convert somewhat to a 45 degree flare system.

I have ordered some parts from these guys and its been good stuff for the price and ships at lightening fast speed. 45 degree flare looks easily done with the Mastercool unit posted earlier in the thread. 45 degree is the angle of a brake line bubble flare too right? So you could probably use a 3/8" brake flare tool to run your -6 size hard hoses.

https://coldhose.com/specialty-fitti...-adapters.html

Last edited by AlxJ64; 11-21-2015 at 10:12 AM.