Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > Introductions/Connections

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Master Fabricator

new from pa

hello all! my names Justin. I started out as an ASE certified tech and PA inspection mechanic, then turned into a journeyman electrician who is nutts about jeeps and four wheelin'. i have been welding and fabbing my own parts for almost 12 years now, but consider myself far from a master. i found your site while doing a search on bendtech pro, as i am going to be ordering the program this week.

looks like a really great site with a lot of good info. i am looking forward to learning and contributing when i can. i would love to start a small 4wd shop, but the economy keeps me from doing so right now so i just do as much cash work as i can. i have a jd2 model 3 bender, miller 212 mig, blue point mig, lincoln arc, large bandsaw, compound miter metal chopsaw etc. looking for a mill in the near future, but i am quickly outgrowing my shop.

i started making parts for myself after i found that most of the stuff i bought didnt impress me. i always wantd something little stronger or a little different, so i just started making my own stuff. i do a lot of frame repairs for the local club members, and i have started bending some "sport cages" as well. For bending, i use trig instead of the "bend a template and guess" method, and the methods i learned through my electrical apprenticeship for bending conduit really came in handy for bending dom. i built a front cage tie in for a guy and only had about 1' of scrap left.. i am going to start on a tube buggy soon and i hope to someday run the king of hammers trail, but i need to just start competing where i can in the meantime...

thats all for now! -Justin
Old 08-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Master Fabricator

.. To OFN Justin, sounds like you got alot of kewl tools not to mention some talent.

Keep up, Keep us in the loop, hope your 'king of hammers' trail comes to life...

Cheer'z Bro.....

Dog....
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Master Fabricator

Red face

Hi Justin;

Welcome!!

Be nice to know just where in Pa you are as there are a few of us living in this Commonwealth. Scattered far apart for the most.

then to do the welding
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Master Fabricator

thanks for the warm welcome! i live in a little town called chicora about an hour north of pgh.

hopefully in a year or two i will have a buggy ready to compete, i do a lot of builds and have quite a few jeep projects i am working on now, not to mention a 1 yr old daughter and a 7 year old stepdaughter that keep me hoppin so garage time is valued!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Site Admin

Welcome to theOFN
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 08-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Fabricator

We're all pretty "nuts" about fabrication around here. You will fit right in. Welcome to OFN
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Master Fabricator

heres a link to my fabrication album i started it this year. i have done a considerable amount more than this in past years, i for some reason just started taking pics more this year. so far i have done 4 yj frames this year and theres some pics of a tj cage i did for a member of our local club.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ation/?start=0
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Master Fabricator

heres a shot of my trail rig. theres not a nut or bolt i havent turned on it, its definitely my baby

taken in harlan KY
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
heres a link to my fabrication album i started it this year. i have done a considerable amount more than this in past years, i for some reason just started taking pics more this year. so far i have done 4 yj frames this year and theres some pics of a tj cage i did for a member of our local club.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ation/?start=0
Wow, some of those frames are pretty bad. Dont see that much on my end of the world.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Master Fabricator

lol! here in pa thats a very fixable frame, we dont consider them junk till at least 6 feet of frame rail looks like that id love to come out to arizona with a semi truck to pick up all the good frames and bodies i see out there, y'all got it made!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
heres a shot of my trail rig. theres not a nut or bolt i havent turned on it, its definitely my baby

taken in harlan KY
Welcome to OFN.
Nice to see more CJ guys on here. My frame was in the same shape a couple of years and I replaced the back 8 inches. A replacement was just out of the question.

Hey Frogdog, you like the hood ornament?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Master Fabricator

Welcome to the OFN Justin
Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
lol! here in pa thats a very fixable frame, we dont consider them junk till at least 6 feet of frame rail looks like that id love to come out to arizona with a semi truck to pick up all the good frames and bodies i see out there, y'all got it made!
We just get stress cracks around the steering box from metal fatigue. That's just from old age.