Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > Introductions/Connections

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Introductions/Connections Introduce yourself, your rig, your skillz....Get Connected with someone

Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Junior Fabricator

Talking Another FNG!

Hey everyone thought I would intro myself to the site and say "HI".
I am fairly new to the fab game but discovered awhile back that I really enjoy it. My skills are at the rookie level that is why I am here, hope to get some help on some upcoming projects and possibly on some that I have allready started. I have some tooling some qaulity some cheap such as small lincon mig, Horz/vert bandsaw, disk/belt sander, drill press, grinders, hand tools etc. enough to do what I need to. No formal training in anything just learn as I go hence the reason why I am here.

It started with my FJ40's, Im on my 3rd one... 69' with 307 chevy conversion, I mostly was welding in new panels or cutting out rust and patching. I had to make a new battery tray for it and the new hobby was born! I figured it was cheaper to make somthings and I get a sense of accomplishment out of it so why not? I then turned my sites on building an offroad buggy way cheaper to do it yourself than to purchase one but wasnt sure if I could so I challenged myself and decided if I could build me a tube bender then I would pursue the buggy. Tube bender came out great (JD2 type) so it was on after that. I am about half way done with a Mini truggy for my nephew work has slowed way down and $$$ has dried up so it is on hold as of now. There are a few other things such as bummpers for the 40 that turned out pretty well but would like to do more.

My next project that is in the planning stages is to build an offroad trailer for my Fj40. I dont think it should be to difficult but hope that the guru's on this site can give me some help and ideas to the upcoming questions I will have. In the meantime I will just lurk in the shadows of this site!!!!!

Anyways that's a little about me will share pic's of the projects if anyone is interested, thanks for taken the time to read this novel and look forward to becoming a productive member of this site!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Site Admin

Welcome to theOFN
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Junior Fabricator

Thanks fabcam! Cant wait to get my hands on that Bend-tech software been drooling over it for awhile!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Master Fabricator

welcome

its always better to search first, but theres no real reason to lurk for too long. its not near as "hair trigger abrasive" here as other sites tend to be.

best of luck on all your builds
Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Master Fabricator

You have found a good site, with a ton of resources

Welcome to the OFN and good luck on you projects
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Master Fabricator

Welcome to the OFN

By all meas\ns post up some pics of your FJ, the mini truggy and whatever else you've got going.

BTW where are you located?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Junior Fabricator

Thanks for the welcome vondirt, yeah I learned awhile back on some other sites to search first, I dont mind a little ribbing !!! JK Anyway im here to learn and to get some help from people who are in the know.

Thanks streetwerkz, I hope so cause lord knows im gonna need it!

And thanks to you to captainfab, I will get some pics posted up soon, got alot of crazy stuff happening in my life right now but love to hit the garage and tinker around with stuff it is my "happy place". Im located in menifee in socal. I lived in ucon, ID for a short time just outside of idaho falls, got some family up there still.