Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

Old 08-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fabricator

Checking in from North Carolina!

Hi All!

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything fabrication related because 2017 has turned out to be quite the year so far. Late last year I got the opportunity of a lifetime to move from Ohio to North Carolina and accept a position in the engineering department at Joe Gibbs Racing. Since making the move in January it's been wild ride getting our family and stuff relocated, and being on a steep learning curve at work. Time has absolutely flown by!

I've been following the forum from a distance, but haven't had much to contribute. It looks like all of my threads have been obliterated by the great Photobucket cash grab of 2017. At some point I'll figure out hosting and try to fix the links as best I can. Any suggestions on hosting options???

I ran across this article a few days ago and a lot rings true here:

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/20...build-threads/

I've attached a few photos from my recent adventures...I would love to be able to share a lot more of what I see, but that would get me fired!

One small perk of the job is when we win, they have a banner raising ceremony on Tuesday after the race where the winning driver and Coach Gibbs speak to us, and they hang a banner on the wall for the win. We get a mini-banner sticker for each one. I'm starting to get a small collection on my tool box at home!

The second photo of of the lobby at Toyota Racing Development. Toyota and TRD are our biggest partners at the team and are really great to work with. That's a real Cup car hanging on the wall! I guess there was a NASCAR truck there until they replaced it with one of our cars about a year ago.

The last photo is from my first race trip with the team a few weeks ago, to the Brickyard 400 in Indy. This is the pace lap before the start of the race from the Turn 1 end of pit road. Unfortunately that one didn't turn out as we had hoped, even though we had the fastest car there.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Win Stickers 640x480.jpg (96.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg TRD Lobby 640x480.jpg (208.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Indy Pace Lap 640x480.jpg (205.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Fabricator

wow. more pics when you can in your dream job! Is the shop floor too secret to take pics of? Fascinated by these monsters
Old 08-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Master Fabricator

Photobucket alternatives;
http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11767
Old 08-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Master Fabricator

Testing photo hosting...

Got an account with postimages.org...works just like Photobucket used to.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Master Fabricator

Congrats Graham!

Good luck in your new position!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Master Fabricator

Thanks all!

Actually there are signs posted everywhere at work that state "No Photography". I guess there was a big controversy before I started working there when the 2018 Camry submission car was photographed and posted on Twitter by someone that was on a tour.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Master Fabricator

A couple more from work with my two hooligans (in an area where the public is welcome):