Go Back OFN Forums > Badland Buggy Group > Suspension

Suspension Badland Buggy Suspension

Suspension Badland Buggy Suspension

Old 09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Junior Fabricator

coil overs,slushy,unstable.

question on my 4 linked coil overed 70 bronco.its a frt 4 link "triangulated" ,rear is the same.its got fox 2.5 coilovers all around.the spring rates are 350 over 400,and 250 lbs of nitrogen in each shock. its a pretty heavy truck,5600lbs.i have the weights at all four corners.the truck has major articulation,but the body is very unstable.it does not have any trac bars,since its triangulated i didnt see the need for them,but.....
do i need a set of swaybars frt and rear? it just seems like it can be a lot more stable.this is my first coil overed crawler,so i am a bit lost on what to do here.or for that matter where to start.any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Junior Fabricator

how does it feel unstable? is it street driven?? curry makes swaybars that are rock crawling specific and that will help with lateral stability. maybe the spring rate is too soft??? and also I think the fox's are supposed to be at 200 psi if I'm not mistaken, why do you have 250 psi in them? to stiffen the ride??? maybe increase the spring rate and then adjust the preload to get your desired ride height. hope that helps a lil

Tim
Old 09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Junior Fabricator

coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo8772 View Post
how does it feel unstable? is it street driven?? curry makes swaybars that are rock crawling specific and that will help with lateral stability. maybe the spring rate is too soft??? and also I think the fox's are supposed to be at 200 psi if I'm not mistaken, why do you have 250 psi in them? to stiffen the ride??? maybe increase the spring rate and then adjust the preload to get your desired ride height. hope that helps a lil

Tim
tim,i have seen the sway bars from currie.i might try i set front and rear.it just seems that the body of this truck just always wants to fall over,even on the slightest grade.
i do not ever street drive this truck,i trailer it everywhere.i did increase the nitrogen to 250 to see if it would help.it didnt.i am going to change out the springs to a stiffer rate,then go to at least 1 sway bar,whether its the front or rear we will see.thanks. brad
Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Master Fabricator

Brad, how are thc coilovers mounted? That makes a huge difference in body roll control. Im no CO expert by any means, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn this weekend ... seriously tho, mine are mounted as close to the wheels as possible and as vertical as possible (10* in) and changing the mounting angle helped im my body roll control...
Can you post some pix of your setup?

HTH...
Old 09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Junior Fabricator

coil overs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrler View Post
Brad, how are thc coilovers mounted? That makes a huge difference in body roll control. Im no CO expert by any means, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn this weekend ... seriously tho, mine are mounted as close to the wheels as possible and as vertical as possible (10* in) and changing the mounting angle helped im my body roll control...
Can you post some pix of your setup?

HTH...
my weights are
driver frt-1611 lbs
pass frt- 1572 lbs
driver rear-☺309 lbs
pass rear 1332 lbs

i have the frts mounted at about a 8 deg angle inwards and 10 deg back.i really think i need a sway bar.also,a stiffer spring rate.the truck is over all 5826 lbs.rhino lining is heavy shit.i have the entire truck coated in and out.i will get some shots on here.thnaks guys.