Go Back OFN Forums > Shop and Tool Talk > In The Shop

In The Shop Shop talk, shop tools & fixtures, shop wear, anything for the shop that is not covered in another forum.

In The Shop Shop talk, shop tools & fixtures, shop wear, anything for the shop that is not covered in another forum.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Master Fabricator

Conquest Industries 20" Disc Sander "Made in USA"

I recently purchased a 20" Disc Sander made by Conquest Industries. I purchased it during Enco's 25% off w/ free shipping sale thanks to the deals thread on here. I did a short video review that might be helpful if you were in the market for one of these pieces of equipment. The link is below and if I can answer any of your questions please feel free to let me know.

Have You Seen My Tool 006 - Conquest 20" Disc Sander

This is the 6th in a series of videos where I attempt to demonstrate new tools or show how a tool from different crafts can be used by others. The playlist can be found below.

Have You Seen My Tool - Playlist
Old 03-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Master Fabricator

Thanks for the video review. I have a 12 inch disc sander myself and find it kinda lacks the power to really pull the disc through stuff. How does this one do if you were to take that piece of 3/8 and want to remove an 1/8 off it?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Master Fabricator

Thanks for doing the review. This is something on my wish list, and I know I'll never be able to afford a Burr King. It will be interesting to see how the potential issues you noted do over the long term.

I went over to Enco's site to check out pricing and stuff. It's interesting that the "Made in USA" grinder is about about $650 cheaper than the Chinese Jet version. I know I would much rather own something with a Baldor motor on it than a no-name Chinese motor.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:16 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham08 View Post
I went over to Enco's site to check out pricing and stuff.
I bought this piece of equipment during the 25% off plus free shipping sale. I have looked at this sander for a couple years and the sale put it over the top.

I have a 6x48 Chinese belt sander that fights me every time I use it. This disc sander makes it look sick.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Master Fabricator

Gotta love when they extend the free shipping over to truck freight! I bought my Kurt vise the same way.