I'm in the process of building a 1967 Mustang Fastback using new steel from Dynacorn. I'm modifying the car extensively using a Heidts Pro-G independent front suspension and a Heidts Pro-G independent rear suspension. I'm wanting to run wider tires so a mini-tub kit is installed.
The Heidts Pro-G independent rear end is intended to work with the stock rear frame rails. Since I modified the rear frame rails to accommodate wider tires I had to modify the mounts for the Heidts rear end kit.
I placed the rear end under the car and set the correct pinion angle. I then measured for the new mounting brackets using cardboard templates to confirm my measurements.
I then drew up the mounts in the Bend-Tech Sheetmetal module.
I then converted the three dimensional drawing to a flat layout drawing and created a .dxf file for my water jet vendor.
I had my water jet vendor then cut the pieces. I patterned the left side and assumed the right side would be a mirror image so I only created one file, cut two pieces and flipped one for the righthand side.
I then bent the pieces on my 20-ton press that I converted to a press brake with a kit from Swag Off Road.
I then put the rear end back under the car and tack welded the brackets in place. I then removed the brackets and finished welding them.
Here is a picture with the rear end and the attachment brackets all mocked up and ready to reinstall in the car.
And here is the rear end installed in the car.