Go Back OFN Forums > Tech Section > Reviews

Reviews Reviews

Reviews Reviews

Closed Review

Review Tools

Old 02-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Fabricator

Product review: Bullet carbide chop saw blade

First a little background. I'm in the military, and as such have to transfer every few years. The latest transfer found me with my own garage/shop...

Last edited by kwrangln; 02-17-2007 at 06:44 PM.
By Dqracer on 06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Member reviews
Content
100%100%100%
Photos
100%100%100%
Educational
100%100%100%
Entertaining
80%80%80%
Average 95%
Nice review,, We have been using a Makita 12" Carbide for about 5 years now, the blades will last a long time when used properly, like allow the blade to stop spinning before bringing saw back up after cut, spray alittle WD-40 when starting a cut on a flat section wider than 2" x 3/16 thick, don't force the cut, just common shop sense stuff. I have used 3 blades in 5 years, cutting up hundreds of feet of steel. Also we have found a shop that will sharpen the dull blade for $35. so that helps take the sting out of buying a new blade...LOL
The faster speed of the Bullet blade kinda makes me nervous, should it catch a tooth on something, but it would give a new use to my 14" abrasive saw.
By masterfabr on 08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Just an observation from a newbie here. I have an identical shopsaw to the one in the original pics.Very rigid table,decently rigid clamping. That's likely why he had better luck than most. Any deflection of the workpiece from original position during cutting will break teeth very quickly. I'd say 80-100 cuts was pretty fair for a dry cut blade cutting steel at 4K+ rpm. Not to offend anybody but if your current chopsaw will not allow you to make paring cuts like the pics showed or if you can't get a straight cut from it with an abrasive then this blade will not correct the problem and it will fail quickly. Just my .02.
By broncodan74 on 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Any Luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racin_Jason View Post
O.K. replacement blade finally came today (8 weeks!!) and after the first cut, yup, chipped teeth - about half of them. I will be getting my money back this time.
Any luck getting them to respond? I had the same thing happen except that the blade was dull after cutting only 2 pieces of DOM 1.50 dia. x .120w round tube. They replaced the first blade (66 tooth) with the 100 tooth, but it didn't fair any better. And they've been unresponsive... I would be happy with $50 store credit too.
By Jerm on 10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I bought the 100 tooth blade from their ebay store for under $50 shipped figured that was a good deal. I used it about 12 time to cut 1/8 wall square tubing worked great, angles were better and smoother cuts. Thought this was going to be a good deal to help alleviate the mess and sparks of the abrasive blade but went to go use it on some more square and it took for ever, cut a piece of exhaust pipe pretty easy, could have been the round shape and thin wall. I don't do a lot of work so I will probably stick to abrasive blades until I can get a cold cut or something slower. Maybe they will see this thread and change something about the blade.
By jonlb on 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Member reviews
Content
100%100%100%
Photos
100%100%100%
Educational
100%100%100%
Entertaining
80%80%80%
Average 95%
This thing is awesome. $44 to the door and it cuts 20 times faster than my old blade. Very happy and great review.
By pnwjeepracer on 03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone tryed this blade in a miter saw yet? I have use the millwakee blade in mine and the rpms on the saw are to much for the blade, I just ordered a 10" and I will give you my review when it get's here. using a miter is cool you can get compound angles in one shot!
Last edited by pnwjeepracer; 03-10-2009 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
By Aferal on 04-11-2009, 06:10 AM
I've been running a Jepson dry cut saw with a blade very simuler to that one. ie chop saw with a metel blade. The cut is awsome. Problems I have come across.
The blade needs to be pushed through the steel quickly. If blade the blade is pushed through gently it get too hot and takes the hardening out of the blade which = blunt blade.
Push the blade through too quick and it chips the teeth.
So far it had cost me two sharpens and $75 off teeth to be replaced.

The cut and accuracy is top notch the life off the blades so far for me is poor. I hope i'm doing something wrong as saw is great just need to get this blade thing sorted.
Closed Review