Bend-Tech Industrial available soon
It appears that we will be announcing next week a new Bend-Tech product. We have been asked countless times if our software technology available on the Bend-Tech DRAGON plasma cutting machine is going to be made available outside of the DRAGON system. I have been wanting to keep it exclusive to the DRAGON, however, the demand is extremely high not too release it to the general public. The CAM side of the Bend-Tech Dragon will stay with the machine, known as the Bend-Tech Dragon Software. The DRAGON software includes creating cutting, marking and engraving tool paths from the Bend-Tech geometry and creating G-CODE to run the machine. The design side of the solution to create full wrappers from the Bend-Tech design will be separated out and available in Bend-Tech Industrial.
Bend-Tech Industrial will include all the functions of Bend-Tech SE and PRO plus:
1) export via dxf a full wrapper of parts designed in Bend-Tech's assembly
2) export with the wrapper the bend and rotation lines and mark the bend angles on the tube if desired
3) export the weldment fit up saddles with the wrapper
4) import from STEP or IGES from a solid modeling CAD system a fully cut straight or bent tube
5) import holes and other cutouts via STEP or IGES in the tube
6) unfold the STEP or IGES models
7) normalize the cutting if needed for proper CNC cutting (removing the knifed edge on a cut from the design so that it properly will fit up during the cutting process)
8) define weldment saddles from the import geometry
9) export the entire cutting wrapper via dxf or export a straight solid tube model via STEP or IGES
10) new straight part designer for end copes and/or miters
11) new custom part designer for creating bent tubing and adding in copes and/or miters
12) nesting of multiple of wrappers on a stock tube and then output as a dxf file
The bottom line is that if a customer has his own tube plasma cutter or designs in a Solid Modeling CAD system, this product should be very desirable.