Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...


The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-19-2016, 09:25 AM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
corbeau seat vendor?

Looking for:
Corbeau, Baja RS, Black/Grey cloth, Lumbars.
Best price thus far is a tic over $750 shipped
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2016, 12:03 AM
stock93's Avatar
stock93 stock93 is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 157
I can probably drop ship them to you. PM me your zip code and I'll price them for you.

Last edited by stock93; 05-20-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2016, 11:47 AM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock93 View Post
I can probably drop ship them to you. PM me your zip code and I'll price them for you.
Clean your box...
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2016, 09:49 PM
stock93's Avatar
stock93 stock93 is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 157
Cleaned out my messages. Sorry about that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2016, 02:43 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Note to y'all:

This deal was great!

Thanks G! Hope they were cold & tasty

E
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 PM
stock93's Avatar
stock93 stock93 is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 157
You're welcome. Glad your happy with the deal. Thanks for the
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2016, 03:54 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Always!
Always!
Always!
Check that your idea will work before you get it into paint.
Seats are great!!! ...but I can't raise them that far without cutting a hole in the roof.
Wish I would have checked that B4 I spent a day fabricating.
No, I didn't have the head room I thought I did

E <<-Idiot
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2016, 04:05 PM
TheBandit's Avatar
TheBandit TheBandit is offline
Instagram @chevyhotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ventura County CA
Posts: 4,307
Ah man that sucks. Time to cut something.
__________________
Clint
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Ah man that sucks. Time to cut something.
Fortunately, I have the raw stock.
Unfortunately, the other brackets were all made from drops these are all new stock.

Serves me right... I know better

In my defense I will note that hanging seats in someone else's ride I can actually see the skull to Roof/Cage relationship a thing I could not do for myself.

Half way done with the much shorter bracket... And yes I have some cheeze

E
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 PM
TheBandit's Avatar
TheBandit TheBandit is offline
Instagram @chevyhotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ventura County CA
Posts: 4,307
On a side note, I have been thinking about Corbeau's retractable harnesses to replace the original, aging non-retractable and separate lap / shoulder harnesses in my Nova. They refer to them as 3 point harnesses due to 3 attachment points but they seem similar in function to 4 point harnesses in the way they support the shoulders and lap, while the retractor should make them easier to get in and out of. Any thoughts/opinions? What are your plans for belts? And what vehicle is this for?
__________________
Clint
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-12-2016, 06:09 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
On a side note, I have been thinking about Corbeau's retractable harnesses to replace the original, aging non-retractable and separate lap / shoulder harnesses in my Nova. They refer to them as 3 point harnesses due to 3 attachment points but they seem similar in function to 4 point harnesses in the way they support the shoulders and lap, while the retractor should make them easier to get in and out of. Any thoughts/opinions? What are your plans for belts? And what vehicle is this for?
I do not put permanent 4-point harnesses in anything that will be street driven.
Reason is if they are there you must be wearing them or you can be ticketed...
Removable 4 point gets the nod. 4-Pt is a PITA in the street, safer, but not convenient. Generally I try to find a OEM replacement part it is just less hassle.

This is for my DD Ranger, the OEM 3-PT belt is my choice.

E
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-12-2016, 06:15 PM
TheBandit's Avatar
TheBandit TheBandit is offline
Instagram @chevyhotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ventura County CA
Posts: 4,307
Well the reason I like the Corbeau retractable harnesses is they are easy enough to get in and out of that I don't think there would ever be a problem with putting them on. An online friend that installed these took a video for me so I could see how they function - they look pretty easy/quick to put on and allow some range of motion for reaching things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4hJwTuAsIo

However I also did a little reading up and came across this article which recommends against 4 point harnessed based on how the buckle ends up against vital organs if you submarine. They seem to think a factory 3-point belt would be safer.
http://www.ogracing.com/blog/2013/02...ing-harnesses/

Hope you post up some photos of the final install. I wish I had some comfortable seats that fit me properly!
__________________
Clint
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Rokcrler's Avatar
Rokcrler Rokcrler is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hsv. Ala
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Well the reason I like the Corbeau retractable harnesses is they are easy enough to get in and out of that I don't think there would ever be a problem with putting them on. An online friend that installed these took a video for me so I could see how they function - they look pretty easy/quick to put on and allow some range of motion for reaching things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4hJwTuAsIo
I had the retractable Corbeaus in a Jeep and they worked good. It was street driven and offroad...then progressed to only offroad. In a DD car, the mechanism is not open to the elements that would cause it to jam up, but offroad they got sticky and failed on me so out they went in favor of fixed shoulders. Get the cam lock which lets you run the sub belt and the lap belts and click in the shoulders when needed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
However I also did a little reading up and came across this article which recommends against 4 point harnessed based on how the buckle ends up against vital organs if you submarine. They seem to think a factory 3-point belt would be safer.
http://www.ogracing.com/blog/2013/02...ing-harnesses/
The buckle will not be near vital organs if the belts are mounted properly. They should go around your hips and with the sub strap the laps wont ride up or you slide down.

Padded shoulders make all the difference in the world as far as comfort! i regulary take tumbles both slow and soft to hard and violent offroad and properly strapped in I dont feel anything afterwards. Before, with the shoulders loose, i felt like i was beat up from all the bouncing around, not so much anymore.

I know this is apples to oranges, but frontal/side crash is the same as my up and over, pirouettes.

Fast forward to 3:30


A little rockbouncing..


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
I wish I had some comfortable seats that fit me properly!
Comfy and properly fitted seats are a must or you'll hate driving your ride and/or wearing your belts. Get ya some good suspension seats
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 PM
alwaysFlOoReD's Avatar
alwaysFlOoReD alwaysFlOoReD is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Red Deer,AB Canada
Posts: 681
I did a fair amount of reading about seats a few years ago. I decided against suspension seats because you cannot get the belts to stay tight when the suspension is working. This could lead to spinal compression fractures. I think you could overcome that problem if you could have the seat suspended with the belts attached to the seats ie; the seats moves with you solidly strapped into the seat. Maybe seats are different now. The other decision I made was to go with a ratcheting lap belt as I couldn't get my belt tight enough without. This decision was made after a fairly mild rollover where I thought my belt was tight but in the roll I bounced around quite a bit. The belt I went with is made by Hooker Harness who seem to be well regarded in the airplane racing circles.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-13-2016, 11:44 AM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysFlOoReD View Post
I did a fair amount of reading about seats a few years ago. I decided against suspension seats because you cannot get the belts to stay tight when the suspension is working. This could lead to spinal compression fractures. I think you could overcome that problem if you could have the seat suspended with the belts attached to the seats ie; the seats moves with you solidly strapped into the seat. Maybe seats are different now. The other decision I made was to go with a ratcheting lap belt as I couldn't get my belt tight enough without. This decision was made after a fairly mild rollover where I thought my belt was tight but in the roll I bounced around quite a bit. The belt I went with is made by Hooker Harness who seem to be well regarded in the airplane racing circles.
We did the same research
I chose the suspension seat because I am hoping that they let me get back to enjoying driving again.
Over the past couple years I have learned the definition (at-least in my case) of chronic pain.
I am generally ready to get out of the rig in about 30 miles or so... 4 the day

The small Ranger cab I am hoping the suspension seat will allow enough movement,
I can accept the risk, and these are better then the OEM seats ever were...
I just want to do some trail running without spending days afterwards wishing I had stayed home!

E
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2016, 11:50 AM
alwaysFlOoReD's Avatar
alwaysFlOoReD alwaysFlOoReD is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Red Deer,AB Canada
Posts: 681
Quote:
I can accept the risk
This is key. As long as you [and others] are aware of the risk.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2016, 02:30 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Hope you post up some photos of the final install. I wish I had some comfortable seats that fit me properly!

They are hung...

E

Pix shot on a Tablet no accounting for the colors...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Design.jpg (83.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg OE_Tracks.jpg (157.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DS_1 .jpg (161.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DS_1FWD.jpg (145.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg PS_1FWD.jpg (137.0 KB, 43 views)
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2016, 02:52 PM
TheBandit's Avatar
TheBandit TheBandit is offline
Instagram @chevyhotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ventura County CA
Posts: 4,307
Damn nice work E! Looks better than factory.
__________________
Clint
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2016, 02:59 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 95-miles from the center of Oregon.
Posts: 8,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Damn nice work E! Looks better than factory.
Well I don't know if I would go that far but Ill accept if you say so.
The OE seats were really nice and they did get to over 280k-miles before replacement.
I plan on having them built and I'll use them in my mythical Willys Project that I am gathering parts for.

I would have liked the seats to move farther back but there isn't room side to side; gained maybe 3/4".


E
__________________
You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. MT
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-14-2016, 08:41 AM
ScooteK's Avatar
ScooteK ScooteK is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: southern california
Posts: 1,450
That's pretty sweet. I dig it. Looks like a good fit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
Copyright 2012, Offroad Fabrication Network