Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

Old 07-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Fabricator

Very cool. I've been looking at putting these same seats in my Ranger as well. I too am torn between suspension and traditional seats. I emailed Corbeau to see if there was a vendor local to me, but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to travel a ways if I want to sit in them before committing to buy. I drive my rig across the country for extended wheeling trips, so they need to fit me well.

Nice work. They look great in there.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray D View Post
Very cool. I've been looking at putting these same seats in my Ranger as well. I too am torn between suspension and traditional seats. I emailed Corbeau to see if there was a vendor local to me, but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to travel a ways if I want to sit in them before committing to buy. I drive my rig across the country for extended wheeling trips, so they need to fit me well.

Nice work. They look great in there.
I did the same thing and ended up just going for it.
I'm 6.6 and tip in over 250 and these seats are at the limit with someone my size. They are also the largest that will fit in a Ranger S-cab.
I had hoped that I could get them to go a couple inches farther back but they wont clear the seat belt set up.
Going to put a few miles on today so we'll else what else I learn.

E
Old 07-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I did the same thing and ended up just going for it.
I'm 6.6 and tip in over 250 and these seats are at the limit with someone my size. They are also the largest that will fit in a Ranger S-cab.
I had hoped that I could get them to go a couple inches farther back but they wont clear the seat belt set up.
Going to put a few miles on today so we'll else what else I learn.

E
Good info. Let us know how the ride goes.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, weighing in at a mere 140lbs soaking wet. My rig is a single cab. I currently don't have the OEM seats as far back as they'll go, so there's hope that I won't have any interference issues. That being said, I do have an internal cage that may pose some issues.

We have another road trip coming up in early August. I'm hoping I can swing by a dealer to check them out in person. Though not quite as good looking, their Sport Seat and Moab is also on my list of candidates.

Last edited by Bray D; 07-14-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Master Fabricator

Are these seats made in USA?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaner View Post
Are these seats made in USA?
Unknown.

I'd ask them but I can not get past the Captcha. . . I HATE them things!

E

Last edited by entropy; 07-14-2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I
Old 07-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Good info. Let us know how the ride goes.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, weighing in at a mere 140lbs soaking wet. My rig is a single cab. I currently don't have the OEM seats as far back as they'll go, so there's hope that I won't have any interference issues. That being said, I do have an internal cage that may pose some issues.

We have another road trip coming up in early August. I'm hoping I can swing by a dealer to check them out in person. Though not quite as good looking, their Sport Seat and Moab is also on my list of candidates.
So far they are a HUGE improvement!

E
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
So far they are a HUGE improvement!

E
Good to hear!

No to hijack, but I rock my tube doors most of the time so I'm mildly concerned with moisture resistance. Vinyl is most definitely the way to go for the seat covering, but can you speak to the seat construction? Would a suspension seat hold less water than a traditional foam seat?

I've never inspected a suspension seat in person, so I'm not sure how they're made.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Good to hear!

No to hijack, but I rock my tube doors most of the time so I'm mildly concerned with moisture resistance. Vinyl is most definitely the way to go for the seat covering, but can you speak to the seat construction? Would a suspension seat hold less water than a traditional foam seat?

I've never inspected a suspension seat in person, so I'm not sure how they're made.
Well, from the exterior of the seat (because I am not going to dissect one) the materials look and feel higher quality then I was expecting both the vinyl and the fabric. Where ever these are made they are put together nicely.
Water, dirt, effect?
I live on top of many feet of volcanic soil, actually soil is the wrong term is it pumice and when disturbed it just turns into dust! That dust sticks to the seat and I can see that Black is going to be a maintenance issue.
Water, the seat back construction looks like any other real seat. The only place that differs is the belt slots, which are in the wrong place for me and I wonder if I could/should have requested a delete...
The seat base is open on the bottom side but covered by what looks like nylon fabric and I expect that H2O would drain out.
Corbeau has a cover available but I was advised that it is not intended as a day to day use rather it is to protect the seat while in storage I elected to pass on that option.
I plan on having custom seat covers (canvas) made to keep the abrasive dust from getting ground in; & they machine wash.

Beyond that I haven't had them long enough to reach anything like a long term opinion beyond I got a good price on what feels like a good quality seat.

E
Old 07-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Master Fabricator

Talking I did it first

Interesting
Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Fabricator

Nice writeup. I like the look of the RS's more and more each time I see them.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Master Fabricator

Main criticism is that by going with their mounts you lose the quick forward motion/option of the seat, maybe not a big deal but I wanted it.

E
Old 08-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Master Fabricator

Post Last update

Wednesday last, I spent a couple hours on a local 4WD Road.
Not anything serious wheeling wise but the mile, give-or-take, through the rock field is rough enough that 4W-Low, 1st, was the choice, with a couple of pitches that you are not going to climb in less then 4WD.
Walked away unscathed, I haven't wanted to even do that drive in a long time.
I'll say that the seats worked.

E

Last edited by entropy; 08-05-2016 at 02:04 PM. Reason: woyrd order
Old 08-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Fabricator

That's encouraging. I haven't pursued new seats any further, however I may have some funds free up in the next month or so that I could throw towards a new pair. We'll see.