Go Back OFN Forums > General Discussion > The Lounge

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

The Lounge Its 5:00 somewhere... This is the area where, after a hard days work, you sit back, relax, and unwind...

Old 03-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Master Fabricator

you can have my cold beer when you pry it from my cold dead hand
Old 03-26-2020, 10:41 PM
Fabricator

Hi guys, hello from here down, South America, Patagonia Argentina, 3rd world? #&@% country?. well maybe, anyway just in case you want to know how things are going here now that almost seems to be global I can tell you we are living in ?cuarentena? quarantine since last march 15 up to march 31 and maybe it could be for 15 more days, it depends on how all this progress day by day.

Almost everything is closed except for food shop, medicine shop, they only work with limited open time and we must stay at home and only one member of the family is allowed to go for food.

All this is supposed to prevent the spreading of coronavirus person to person, the problem here as I see it is that virus gets here, to my country, by people coming from outside countries, coming back from vacations or wherever and if they are not well diagnosed plus if they are irresponsible and not stay at home for quarantine or in hospital well then we?ll be living the Italy, Spain etc. situation, hope that no.

Today we got last fly from outside the country, I mean the international airport is closed; nobody can get in or get out from now up to new notice from government.
I think no country has enough beds in hospital for a massive pandemic and there is when it collapses.

Fortunately for family and me we live in Patagonia on the mountains very far away from big cities where big problems are supposed to be, anyway we are doing our best to be safe, stay at home, achieve the rules we were given and only hope it finishes as soon as possible for all of us.

Working by myself is another problem because we can?t go outside home for working, shops where I use to buy stuff are closed too, so again hope it gets finishes prompt.

OK guys just our situation here down in the world, hope the best for all of us and be safe, take care and don?t be paranoid.

El Vasco
Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post
Hi guys, hello from here down, South America, Patagonia Argentina, 3rd world? #&@% country?. well maybe, anyway just in case you want to know how things are going here now that almost seems to be global I can tell you we are living in ?cuarentena? quarantine since last march 15 up to march 31 and maybe it could be for 15 more days, it depends on how all this progress day by day.

Almost everything is closed except for food shop, medicine shop, they only work with limited open time and we must stay at home and only one member of the family is allowed to go for food.

All this is supposed to prevent the spreading of coronavirus person to person, the problem here as I see it is that virus gets here, to my country, by people coming from outside countries, coming back from vacations or wherever and if they are not well diagnosed plus if they are irresponsible and not stay at home for quarantine or in hospital well then we?ll be living the Italy, Spain etc. situation, hope that no.

Today we got last fly from outside the country, I mean the international airport is closed; nobody can get in or get out from now up to new notice from government.
I think no country has enough beds in hospital for a massive pandemic and there is when it collapses.

Fortunately for family and me we live in Patagonia on the mountains very far away from big cities where big problems are supposed to be, anyway we are doing our best to be safe, stay at home, achieve the rules we were given and only hope it finishes as soon as possible for all of us.

Working by myself is another problem because we can?t go outside home for working, shops where I use to buy stuff are closed too, so again hope it gets finishes prompt.

OK guys just our situation here down in the world, hope the best for all of us and be safe, take care and don?t be paranoid.

El Vasco
Hey, thanks for the detailed input on how things are going in your country. Here in Canada were still being asked to self-isolate, but there are now laws passed so the gov can fine us if we don't. Schools are closed for now, maybe until next year. Monetary support is being readied to those that have access to EI beneifits (employment insurance - its a fed gov program). Unfortunately I'm not eligible...as yet. I didn't think much of this virus when I first heard of it but it does seem more serious than I first thought, especially if gov is giving out money to those self isolating.
Take care, and have some fun too....its not all doom and gloom.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:08 AM
Fabricator

El Vasco, we need a video on the proper making of Bolo's!
Old 03-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Master Fabricator

El Vasco.

Thank You for your comments. It is good to read of these events from somewhere other then here!
May you and yours stay healthy!

E

Old 03-27-2020, 01:20 PM
Fabricator

Hi guys yes it's a little bit crazy all this situation, today I went out for food and spent almost half hour each one at four different shop to get some food because you are allowed to get in the shop by two people at a time and stay 1.5 meter one of the other it's a pita really.

Anyway I used to be always in home because I have my shop here and work there so not too much difference in my daily style of life... what I really miss are my local metal and wood supplies, they are all closed by the moment.

Well anyway not all is black here, I was using lot of this time for design some stuff at Bend Tech, as I use it not too much frequently every time is like to get start again plus I?m not very great at computer and I'm getting older... well you know what I mean jajaja

I'd like to share some pictures of what I'm doing here but have not too much idea how to do that, could someone of you please give some advice on how to upload pictures here, too long time not posting on forums too.

Google Drive could be an option maybe??

R3Fab what do you mean by Bolo's???

El Vasco

Last edited by EL VASCO; 03-27-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Master Fabricator

Unless you are a member you have to use an off site host and link the pic into your reply. I'm not sure if that can be done with Google drive, but there is probably a way.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Fabricator

Bolo's, as I recall the Gauchos use them.
Three balls or rocks on cords connecting to a single cord for throwing.
They tangle the legs of a game animal or cattle for capture.
Always meant to make a couple for the novelty of it.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:22 PM
Fabricator

Ohhh hahaha you mean "Boleadoras" yes they are as you describe only that were first used by native here then by the gauchos yes sir a very precise weapon only if you know how to use it hahaha if not you can injury yourself badly.

Here a good description only in Spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huo41BoJ5B0
Old 03-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Fabricator

Always thought that Tennis balls would be good for practice.
Liked the video, and another that came up behind it.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:02 PM
Fabricator

Glad you enjoyed the video
Old 06-26-2020, 09:53 PM
Master Fabricator

it's being a few months now of this covid shit, how are the OFN community members doing?
personally here on the island we've been lucky because we've been able to limit the amount of people coming here.
herd immunity? still not sure if that's a possibility or not?