Go Back OFN Forums > Vendor Q&A > Bend-Tech

Old 01-25-2016, 08:53 PM
Junior Fabricator

Question Printing from the Sheet Metal Module

Hi

I've been using Bend-Tech 7x SE to layout brake lines and sheet metal (plate) brackets for my 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback project and have been satisfied with what it can for the hobbyist that I am. I am, though, having problems printing text from the sheet metal module.

I designed a bracket with all the bends, holes, etc. that I need. I then converted it to a flat layout and annotated it with exterior dimensions, hole sizes, hole locations, bend locations, etc. so I can print it out and take it to the shop for fabrication. However, when I print it out the flat layout is printed but the text is missing. I've looked through all the possible settings and cannot find a setting that would let me print the text on the flat layout view. So, in the end, I write all the necessary dimensions on a print. This is not productive and results in the risk of a possible mistake in transferring the information from the computer screen to paper. I make enough mistakes in the shop reading the prints as it is.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a quirk of the Bend-Tech 7x software and I should resign myself to hand annotating my work?

I'm running the latest version of Bend-Tech 7x SE in Windows 7 (up to date with all current patches) in VMware Fusion 8.1.0 on a Macintosh iMac with System 10.11.3

Thank you.

Britt
Old 01-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittf View Post
Hi

I've been using Bend-Tech 7x SE to layout brake lines and sheet metal (plate) brackets for my 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback project and have been satisfied with what it can for the hobbyist that I am. I am, though, having problems printing text from the sheet metal module.

I designed a bracket with all the bends, holes, etc. that I need. I then converted it to a flat layout and annotated it with exterior dimensions, hole sizes, hole locations, bend locations, etc. so I can print it out and take it to the shop for fabrication. However, when I print it out the flat layout is printed but the text is missing. I've looked through all the possible settings and cannot find a setting that would let me print the text on the flat layout view. So, in the end, I write all the necessary dimensions on a print. This is not productive and results in the risk of a possible mistake in transferring the information from the computer screen to paper. I make enough mistakes in the shop reading the prints as it is.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a quirk of the Bend-Tech 7x software and I should resign myself to hand annotating my work?

I'm running the latest version of Bend-Tech 7x SE in Windows 7 (up to date with all current patches) in VMware Fusion 8.1.0 on a Macintosh iMac with System 10.11.3

Thank you.

Britt
Please go under your "Help" menu and send us over a "Support Session". If you have your part on the screen when you do this, it will send us a screen shot, your part and your settings so we can see what is going on.

Thank you,
Cris
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 01-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Junior Fabricator

Chris

Thank you. I'll do that this afternoon when I get off work.

Britt
Old 01-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Junior Fabricator

January 26, 2016
1:05 p.m. pst

Chris

I just submitted a support session. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you.

Britt
Old 01-31-2016, 03:54 PM
Junior Fabricator

Thumbs up Thank You Bend-Tech

January 31, 2016

I want to give a big public shout out to Bend-Tech and Cris and Michael. Last week I posted on this site that I was having a problem printing from the sheet metal module. Cris posted back asking that I open a support session in Bend-Tech. I did including sending several files to him though the support session window. Michael immediately got back to me with the answer I needed.

I was using the "Print Full Scale" setting in the print dialogue box. That won't work. You need to use the "Current Size" or "Fit to Page" settings. If you do the text will print. You need to have the view you want to print open and you may have to experiment with placement on the screen to get it to print correctly on the paper.

Anyway, great customer service as always.

Britt
Old 01-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Master Fabricator

The BT crew has always replied and fixed my issues quickly