Go Back OFN Forums > Vendor Q&A > Bend-Tech

Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Site Admin

Bend-Tech 2014

I thought a little re-cap of what we did in 2014 would be appreciated by all. First and foremost; we have the best customers, ANYWHERE. Our customers have allowed us to grow and we are humbled by your encouragement and faithfulness.

We introduced release 7x in 2014. This release has proven to be the most widely accepted and has become our easiest to use release to-date. The implementation of new designers and cleaning up the assembly interface has been invaluable to our customers.

The MotorSPorts (MSP) template designer has blown us away from the customer response. It was introduced the first of December 2014 and we have over 200 customers have incorporated its functions into their collection of Bend-Tech tools. We will be adding a few new templates every month the customers will receive in their automatic 7x updates. http://www.bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_msp.html

The Exhaust module has been a nice little boost in our market coverage. This product works great for guys who are working with mufflers and trying to route the tubing for the exhaust system. We had a nice update to the exhaust module to simplify some of the tubing design. This was released in early December, so for those of you who have purchased it, make sure you are on the latest sub-release. http://www.bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_exh.html

The Hand Railing module also was introduced in 2014. It focuses on commercial customers that are looking for a way to design their tubing around walls and stair configurations. http://www.bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_hr.html

Bending Edge started out a slow pace. We are finding that the customer base doesn't largely understand the problems it is trying to resolve. As customers learn about how easily and accurately it predicts the machine movement to achieve the correct bending angle for press brakes and finding the roll locations for desired radii for roll benders and angle formers it is an easy sale. This product will expand over time and we are starting to get some of the machine manufactures excited. www.bendingedge.com

We added on 2 employees. Paul who works in development/support and Michael who handles the technical writing and also helps in support. Paul has had a great year and is responsible for the MSP template program. Michael just started in September and has been feverishly updating our support documents.

We went from attending 2 trade shows in 2013 to 7 shows in 2014. We have enjoyed meeting many of you and look forward to seeing you again.

We have added on 2 new dealers; Rougue Fabrication has been working with us since early 2014 and we look forward to a continued relationship. https://www.roguefab.com/
JD2 has also gave us the endorsement in the past couple of weeks and the relationship with them will continue to propel us to supply only the best products and services for our customer base. www.jd2.com

We have had a great year in growth. We have been doing this for 13 years and our sales growth rate continues to climb at a rate that makes me pinch myself from time to time.

We are starting to outgrow the facility we are in. They stuffed my office into the conference room. I guess I spend most of my time in here anyway so why not make it my home. I think the main reason was because I tend to be their biggest distraction and this was their nice way to keep me at bay. I accept this if this is the case and actually enjoy getting away from the bullpen and can focus on short and long term planning.

Thanks for a great year and we look forward to working with you in 2015. Thanks again for your trust and loyalty!

Cris - President
Andrea - Vise President
Brandon - Development and support
Mark - Sales
Ron - Sales and Business to Business relationships
Seong - Graphical Design and Web Design
Paul - Development and support
Michael - Tech writing and support
Kyle, Kimmy and Alex - Product testing and packaging
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 01-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Cris,

It's great to see the progress and continued growth of your business! I don't think it was that long ago that you were a one-man army. You really are living the dream and I envy you for it! Congratulations on you success.

Don't limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Cris,

It's great to see the progress and continued growth of your business! I don't think it was that long ago that you were a one-man army. You really are living the dream and I envy you for it! Congratulations on you success.
Thanks Clint. It was exactly 5 years ago I hired Brandon who was the first employee. 8 years of being pretty much by myself prior to that.

http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Master Fabricator

Awesome growth... love the new format!
Looking forward to the new updates!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Master Fabricator

I don't even own a bender and I love it! Cant wait to update. Thanks for a great product.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the future.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Instagram @chevyhotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcam View Post
It was exactly 5 years ago I hired Brandon who was the first employee.
WOW time flies! It must have been about 9 years ago now that we started discussing BT Pro beta. I have fond memories of taking mountains of screenshots and sending "can ya do X?" posts/emails going into the first release and updates.

I would love to see a year-to-year plot of revenue (as a percentage / without numbers) with the various BT releases laid over as milestones starting from year 1. My guess is fifty billion percent increase or so.

Don't limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Master Fabricator

I think I bought my first copy of whatever is was (EZ?) about 9 or so years ago...

E

Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fabricator

I came on board in 2006 and it's been a great ride. Congrats, I look forward to the years to come.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Fabricator

I'm to lite on this forum ,Bend-Tech Dragon A400 is a commercial grade CNC tube cutting it so strong, marking machine. Combined with the world’s most powerful CAD/CAM software. Dragon A400 will get the job done with accuracy and speed. I;m also confused to see this thread.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Master Fabricator

"it so strong"

"I;m also confused to see this thread"

LOL! This thing is hilarious!

I am a little disappointed this time though, I thought this was a real update when I saw the email note!