Go Back OFN Forums > Fabrication > UTV/Buggy Fabrication

UTV/Buggy Fabrication For all those doing your own fabrication on the Yamaha Rhino and other UTV's

UTV/Buggy Fabrication For all those doing your own fabrication on the Yamaha Rhino and other UTV's

Old 12-25-2017, 12:03 AM
Master Fabricator

Maverick Max utility mods

One of my customers is my best friend, part time job employer and my best customer of my own shop.

He recently wanted to get a SXS and after some research he settled on a Can-Am Maverick Max 1000r DPS. That machine has everything he looked for in a four seater except the rear storage area is embarrassing. It's more like a four-wheeler rack on some stanchions. Any placed on it or in it has to be tied down, not a cool setup.

Among a upgraded bed he wanted multiple batteries, lights, winches, protection and user mods to provide some back country reliability and just cool features.

To start I tried to address the rear of the machine. The light pods are laughable, flimsily supported on some plastic tabs with no protection. They look fierce and fast but are absolutely one of the first parts of the machine to get damaged. I started by trying to make a exo-cage for the rear of the body. This outer tube would be very difficult to bend without BendTech.

+Pix to follow...