Back in Feb I finally ran some air lines. Decided to do copper since it was only going to be one drop at first and then I was going to run more later.... well in typical fashion it turned into plumbing the whole thing at once. All in all it cost me about $700 including a couple of good Wilkerson regulators and the huge DIY desiccant filter. I ordered all of the valves and fittings online which saved me a fortune compared to Lowes or HD pricing. I used flex hoses between the compressor and between each regulator to make servicing them easier. For some reason I dont have the finished pics of all the drops, but you get the idea. Maybe Ill grab some this week, but prob not.
Ive been running the air nearly every other night since I installed the desiccant filter and have yet to get a single drop of water in the wilkerson filter after it. So Id say its working out.
First the desiccant filter.
Some ss wire mesh epoxied into each end keeps the desiccant in place.
Bulk desiccant. My setup holds about 3.5lbs or half of this tub
Sight glass to keep an eye on things
Filter painted up.
Compressor connection (just realizing the old sharpe regulator is still in use here, i really need to update these pics)
Fab area drop
And a drop near the overhead doors for filling tires etc.
I also ran a line to the woodshop upstairs. I rebuilt my old Sharpe regulator for up there (no pics)..
Finally mounted my tig filler to the welding table. Nothing fancy, just a bolt to support them and some safety wire to tie them to the leg.
Up next I made a rolling trolley and track for a hoist to aid in lifting wheels/tires up onto the shelf where I store them. Its just a HF hoist, some ebay skateboard wheels and some square tubing. The assembly bolts to the side of a truss in the attic (which was a real hoot to do)
And in place
I still need to string up a cable for a line cord to hang from. Probably zip tied to some shower curtain hooks or something so it moves with the trolley.