View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Master Fabricator

Vw~Model A~Honda... The Freaknstein build...

I was looking to build something way different but still wanted to use the platform of an existing vehicle. I ran across this artist drawing a few years back and have been thinking how to make it happen ever since. I gathered up the 3 pieces that make up a Model A sedan top. A 65 V.W. bug less engine. We put a Honda on its lid a few years ago playing rally racers so I plucked out the ssi motor trans and axles out of it before hauling it to the scrap yard. The thought is to put the Honda engine in the rear of the VW making it a Mid engine. By doing this it frees up the entire back of the body so I can trim it up close to the rear wheels with out engine interference. Hopefully it will give it the true coupe proportion.

Been gathering parts for a while and even started chopping down the roof already. I was given the bug yesterday so Its time to think seriously about how to achieve this. Was thinking about using another hood and splitting down the center to square it up on the bottom then use it in the back as a coupe trunk lid.

I have a mountain of parts saved up so I'm anxious to see what I can make happen here. I'm also thinking that this will be more rat rod'ish in the build stage. If it looks like it can be cleaned up to look kinda like the drawing I might finish it off. Any thoughts, ideas, or advice are appreciated...
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture%20002.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	7960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture%20001.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	7961   Click image for larger version

Name:	dub.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	7962  

Last edited by METAL TWISTER; 07-13-2014 at 01:52 PM.