View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Master Fabricator

Alright. Well, after more than a year hiatus of no shop, except for repairs, I FINALLY got back to my project over Thanksgiving. I was able to pull the donor 3/4 ton van in and remove it's heart (sbc tbi 350 and th400). I got it cleaned up and pulled it apart to replace all the gaskets and pull some cleaner valve covers and am using an open air element. My buddy is building the harness (Boeing electrical engineer genius type).

The pics below are the progress over the last month. I've had about 50hrs in this since starting back up.

I was able to put the "new" power plant in. Enamel the frame. Tub the rear wheelwells and used split tube to finish it out. I also completely boxed in the entire underside of the body. Replaced all the rotted sheetmetal along the vehicle's lower section. That includes the rear quarters, rear pan, door bottoms and bottom of A pillar behind cowel. I finished up the seat "cage" that pins to the frame for safety and easy removal. I plan to use some bucket seats with low rise sliders but may switch over to bomber style buckets eventually. Built a tranny crossmember for the th400 and also to strengthen the frame.

I am running brake lines tomorrow and hooing up the jeep cherokee driveshaft that fits PERFECTLY with NO modifications!! I can then drop the body back on and start mocking up some other things I have in mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mock up A.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	7802   Click image for larger version

Name:	tub 2.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	7803   Click image for larger version

Name:	door repair 1.JPG
Views:	130