View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner View Post
You Yanks are so lucky. Here in Australia it is virtually impossible to road register anything home built - or even a midly altered car. Chassis & suspension mods? Forget it. Let alone a scratch build. So we're always insanely jealous of what you guys can build & drive to the shops over there. I think that's one reason why the fabrication skills of most of our amateur builders (self included) & the gear we have in our domestic garages is so far below what we see you fellas using matter of factly. But it's also why we love seeing what you all get up to. I think it's the same in the UK and most other countries around the world.
Don't really know how to respond to this post... Sorry? LOL I don't think anyone here really gives too much thought to what is happening other than in their garages. A lot of these vehicles are for off road and closed track use. Some of the older models can still be tinkered with without to many issues but the newer cars are getting very hard to modify with new EPA and safety regulations. I fear that street legal modifications might be vanishing and completely gone in a few generations. Is off road use a big thing there? Off road racing etc.?

Last edited by METAL TWISTER; 07-26-2014 at 03:31 AM.